Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5 reasons NOT to use PAYPAL

The worst problem with PayPal is when you make a sale using it, when the buyer just shows signs of being scammed, your account gets limited and the funds are locked. Sometimes you are not even scamming the buyer but they fail to understand that buyers can also be scammers.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

The only reason why someone would have their account blocked or suspended is because a rule was not followed and they have to investigate the issue. The security info they collect from you is just that, for security reasons. I would rather provide security than to have to risk someone getting into my account, so I am thankful they take the steps they do. When you call your normal bank to do a transaction, they ask you a lot of security related questions too. Mother's maiden name, birthday, social, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia View Post
    Well thats the thing. Some of us that frequently use Ebay really have no other choice or alternative. Most sellers claim in their listing that they will only accept paypal if it wasn't for so many sellers demanding you use PayPal on Ebay I would have never even opened up an account and gone through all the misery. Hopefully one day we see more alternatives popping up.
    It's not the eBay sellers' fault. eBay makes us use Paypal.
    Back in the 1990's I took checks and money orders until eBay told us we couldn't anymore. Since eBay owns Paypal, eBay sellers don't have many choices.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    The worst problem with PayPal is when you make a sale using it, when the buyer just shows signs of being scammed, your account gets limited and the funds are locked. Sometimes you are not even scamming the buyer but they fail to understand that buyers can also be scammers.
    Exactly. Some buyers are using Ebay Buyer Protection to steal items.
    They claim to not get the item and then they get to keep the item for free.
    Sometimes the seller provides proof of shipping the item and they STILL find in favor of the buyer.

1. Huge fees
    2. Bad customer support
    3. Daily scams
    4. Very slow website and processing time (they also have a lot of delays)
    5. They can limit your account whenever they want

If you hate paypal so much then stop using their service. We have lots of alternatives right now, bitcoin even an alternative already.

Quote Originally Posted by opinionguy View Post
    If you hate paypal so much then stop using their service. We have lots of alternatives right now, bitcoin even an alternative already.
    Since this is a forum that needs to show the injustice PP does, I think we are supposed to warn everybody from this community.

Quote Originally Posted by opinionguy View Post
    eBay doesn't take Bitcoins or any of those new online payment services and most of the people in this forum are eBay buyers or sellers.
    If sellers were still allowed to take checks and money orders, I would still be doing that because eBay can't delay or withhold a check the way they withhold Paypal funds.

Quote Originally Posted by ACSAPA View Post
    eBay doesn't take Bitcoins or any of those new online payment services and most of the people in this forum are eBay buyers or sellers.
    If sellers were still allowed to take checks and money orders, I would still be doing that because eBay can't delay or withhold a check the way they withhold Paypal funds.
    Agreed. Bitcoin is not a valid alternative yet, because it is not accepted as its own payment option. Maybe in the future though.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    Ok, all of this is all well and good but, what are the alternatives though, if not paypal then what do we use to process online transactions and receive payments from online businesses and so on?
    I totally agree with your comment. Moaning about Paypal may help us vent and get it of our chest but its not a solution to an obviously ongoing problem. The problem being that Paypal does not really have any competitors. Which is why the poor service we receive continues and is likely to.