Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any specific websites I should avoid?

Default Any specific websites I should avoid?

Obviously I stay away from anything illegal, and I've been advised against buying cryptocurrency with PayPal (which sucks btw), but are there any websites that would seem to be okay but would actually get me banned?

1. Paypal.com
    2. ebay.com

But on a serious note, I'm not 100% sure what you mean.

Why are you wanting to 'avoid' particular websites? What are you buying? Why is Paypal relevant?

Give us some more info and we can help better!

Here are some useful website about Paypal scams:

[url]https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Help/general/TopQuestion5-outside[/url]

[url=http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/how-to-avoid-paypal-scam/]PayPal Scams: What you should know | Digital Trends[/url]

These two only mention how to spot scam emails but I think not a lot of people get scammed using email anymore.

If you're using Ebay, just check out the user's rating. Someone with a very high rating will never be a scammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    1. Paypal.com
    2. ebay.com

Why are you wanting to 'avoid' particular websites? What are you buying? Why is Paypal relevant?

I was asking if purchasing from certain sources (or accounts related to any specific websites/services) would get you banned from paypal, since the users here seem to have experienced a lot of sudden bans or have had their accounts limited unexpectedly.

Quote Originally Posted by broknkyboard View Post
    I was asking if purchasing from certain sources (or accounts related to any specific websites/services) would get you banned from paypal, since the users here seem to have experienced a lot of sudden bans or have had their accounts limited unexpectedly.
    Nothing that you would deem as shady. What I mean is you go to a website you see new pair of nikes worth 200 bucks but they're on sale for 20 bucks, do a tiny research if the sites new I'd be cautious or such. And unlike the person ahead, don't always go by user rating. People can always scam no matter what rattings say. Some people have there price or amount. I've been a middleman on many forums most of them you can trust, they've had 500+ ratings about 1000 dollars in USD and a game currency is enough for a person to scam who you would think wouldn't scam due to ratings and reviews.. Everyone has a price.

Default Be Careful

Basically you want to avoid anything that seems too good to be true. That's the golden rule, especially on the internet. If you look at it from that point of view you should be able to spot a scam from a mile away. I can't think of any specific websites that you should look out for. One thing you always want to do is go to the bottom of the web page and see if there is a "contact us" link. If there isn't one then run away. If there is see if it's just an email, that could be a bad sign too. If there's actually a phone number then you should be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    1. Paypal.com
    2. ebay.com

LOL!

That's too funny.

I would look out for anything that is too good to be true, just like another poster said. I really only buy things via PayPal through legitimate businesses that I have heard of before. Be cautious about no-name stuff.

I would also like to know what website to avoid so that I dont get the ban, sometimes its tricky to know where as others are obvious.

eBay, probably. Also, I've bought over $3,000 worth of BTC via paypal, and haven't had any issues?

I would avoid any HYIPs that claim to use PayPal as one of their payment processors. Bottom line, that is against the TOS of PayPal, so that particular HYIP is not to be trusted. And moreover, getting involved in such HYIPs may even put your PayPal account in jeopardy!