Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Think PayPal removes your personal information? Nope!

It is not an excuse for indefinite archiving but I am sure that they have to keep records for a certain amount of time due to legal restrictions. Just like anyone else.

As mentioned, most companies keep an archive of their customers. Please don't think this is limited solely to PayPal. You can make a written request according to their site to have your information removed. However, I kind of doubt it is ever actually taken out of the system.

This practice has illegal written all over it, but since we're all under the mercy of Overload Paypal, we can't do much. I know debit card holders need to provide their SSN to verify their account otherwise they will be transacting with a 180-locked Paypal account. Knowing that Paypal knows your SSN is scary, to say the least.

As for BBB, they are not a government- or business-regulating body so they can't do much either. They're like Yelp, but older. Chances are, Paypal already has BBB on a chokehold making all your complaints via BBB ineffective.

Paypal wins this round, yet again.

You must have always seen people here saying that after making a sale they withdraw the money and terminate the account. I must say that it is not easy to hide from PP. Once the buyer states that they have been scammed, then PP will send debt collectors after you.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

I think they have this clause in ToS. There is no way you can win a case against this in a court of law. You agreed to their ToS when signing up with them. Sadly we don't ever read long statements when we click "I Agree".

Of course they hold onto your personal information, it says so in the Terms and Conditions. If you don't like it then don't sign up for a paypal account. Simple as.