Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PayPal actually lets this happen?!

How does that even work? Do Paypal even look into these issues or do they just glance over them, file them under "resolved" and leave it? That's ridiculous. Surely someone could actually prosecute the guy.

The problem with buying and selling digital products is that there is very little paypal can do to prove anything in either direction.

There are ways around this like selling a paperclip and saying the software is free. That way you have some hope in regards to keeping your money in the event of a buyer disputing it.

That is a little bit of a tough one. While you are probably right in saying that the guy probably wasn't hacked, and seemed to know what products he could buy without having much trouble in getting his money back, digital items are difficult to track, nor to the sellers have protection from paypal when selling a digital project. Personally, I think paypal should be able to go through the purchases, to see when they were purchased, where, and look at some transaction records to see if that was really fraud or not.

That's called buyer protection and it is scary how people abuse it. Sadly that's the world we live in now.

They should sue his ***! That is terrible and really abusive of that policy. I hope that guy knows that he can face up to 30+ years in jail for doing that (fraud)!
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

I cant believe people actually do such things, its really horrible! I hope this gets resolved!

Buyer protection is put into place to help protect people from scammers. Unfortunately, sometimes those who use buyer protection are actually scammers themselves. It's sad how many people out there try to get something for nothing. :/

That's just astounding that such a major company like paypal could allow this to happen. I suppose that is the cost of giving somebody the benefit of the doubt, even if it hurts everyone in the end. It takes one bad egg to ruin it for everybody, in the future somebody may actually be hacked and feel remorse over what happened and be denied by paypal becuase of people like this scammer. It's sad what Paypal allows to happen.

Paypal never answer for their disputes, they don't care at all. All they care about is their money.

Dang. Paypal really loves to screw people over huh? Did he buy those things from big companies or from people? If it was the companies then I do not think it would be that easy. If it were people that sold it then it would be simple to do that.