Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E-bay my worst experience of buying online

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    No offence but this just had scam written all over it. If you Googled even the tiniest bit you could have seen immediately that this was a scam.
    Just Google Banko de Oro and you know you're going to have a bad time. Next problem is that no one EVER asks for more money to send something to your. If they do, it's a scam and you should contact Ebay immediately with all the information you have (emails, IM, ...).

They probably can't do anything because you used a payment system that isn't safe.
    Nope. I actually indicated the payment method which was covered by e-bay protection. The problem if you will read, is that e-bay never updated me of the issuance of the refund. They really do not give a **** for their customers.

I agree, e-bay is almost as much of a joke as Paypal is. I really don't understand why e-bay is so popular.

That is so awful that there are people like that out there who scam others, not thinking about how they are going to ruin other people's lives. That is terrible that eBay wouldn't refund you your money, but I think that paying in 2 payments legally absolves them of having anything to do with the transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    That is so awful that there are people like that out there who scam others, not thinking about how they are going to ruin other people's lives. That is terrible that eBay wouldn't refund you your money, but I think that paying in 2 payments legally absolves them of having anything to do with the transaction.
    That's the problem, I actually indicated in my dispute with e-bay that I sent it in just one payment, because I read the single transaction rule hoping for them to reimburse me but they didn't. By the way this is my new account.

the only good that can come from this is the fact that you learned for the future, ebay is full of scammers and thieves, you have to be weary at all times, good luck in the fucture!

I'm sorry to hear that you got scammed, you should have been suspicious from the start and you should have not sent in more money when the "wife" asked you to. Did you even check that seller's feedback before buying it? Was the feedback all positive? Anyway, never use bank deposit for large amounts of money transfer, especially from online sellers because you can never be too sure, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinomarino1 View Post
    the only good that can come from this is the fact that you learned for the future, ebay is full of scammers and thieves, you have to be weary at all times, good luck in the fucture!
    Yes. I've really learned my lesson there. And that's why I will never ever buy from E-bay again. And I'm spreading the word and boycotting this company which does not care about customer satisfaction. I guess that's why ebay in our country is not that popular as compared to other alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you got scammed, you should have been suspicious from the start and you should have not sent in more money when the "wife" asked you to. Did you even check that seller's feedback before buying it? Was the feedback all positive? Anyway, never use bank deposit for large amounts of money transfer, especially from online sellers because you can never be too sure, you know.
    I did get suspicious and I thought it was a scam but I took the risk anyway. I had an issue with my mom at this point because she was scolding me and telling me lots of things already that's why I got angry and went at it anyway. Anyway what's done is done and I can no longer do anything about it but as soon as I graduate Law School and Pass the Bar exams, I would definitely sue all the people involved.

As soon as the wife asked you to deposit 2,000 more...the red flag should of started waving. Sorry about this but you have to be very careful...there are many thieves out there using ebay as well as paypal to their advantage

ebay is so sketchy i try to stay away, i have not been happy with ebay for a long time. stay away!