Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Speak to a Person

866-888-4178 is a number that takes you directly to a human. There's no buttons to press and no prompts to make, it's great. Ive had to call that number 3 times today and every person I spoke with was incredibly polite and wiling to help. I wa havig trouble with my PayPal balance to moneygram. Of course Moneygram blamed it on PayPal. The last person I spoke with was very apologetic and tried numerous ways to help me. She asked enough probing questions to figure out that my iPad wouldn't accept the pop up needed to accept the terms and conditions. She suggested I use a computer but mine is broken and I was on my neighbors laptop, that's all we had. She kept looking for other ways, she even asked her manager if she could do it for me but he declined as they would have needed my PP password. I finally got it to work on my neighbors really old phone. Its a special payments department but they helped me everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by sillylucy View Post
    I always do that too! I am a big fan of pressing 0 and pound. Pound will get you a live person most of the time. I hate getting an automated machine. I just want to talk to someone. By the time you get a person on the line you're so fed up and annoyed that you take it out on them.
    Same here, I totally agree. Most people dont know to try 0 or pound.

As for PayPal, even if you do get someone it's usually a foreigner who knows like zero English. In short, contacting PayPal is horrible and I hope I never have to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by KNH View Post
    Same here, I totally agree. Most people dont know to try 0 or pound.

As for PayPal, even if you do get someone it's usually a foreigner who knows like zero English. In short, contacting PayPal is horrible and I hope I never have to do it again.
    I honestly didn't know that you could just press 0 or pound I had to find that out online. And if it's as common as you say I'm gonna start trying it more

Quote Originally Posted by sethky View Post
    Yes you can actually speak to a agent when dealing with paypal. I found this yesterday and thought I should post it here when on the phone with the automated machine, you have to press 0 about 6 times do them a few seconds apart. It'll then tell you that you'll be sent to a agent and that then they will record the covo yada yada, then boom agent. Please note that when pressing the 0 the few times, the machine sounds semi sarcastic saying alright, might be me but thought it was sorta ironic. But there yall go!
    I agree with you! It's definitely much better to speak to a live person, instead of some automated machine. You just really need to be patient and wait til you get to that option of speaking with a customer service representative.

The pressing 0 trick works sometimes and sometimes it does not. With paypal, yes. With some other customer serivces, no. Some will even automatically disconnect you for button spam like that.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

I have spoken to a customer service representative from PayPal, although she didn't sound too enthusiastic to be on the phone helping a customer. I didn't get my issue resolved, and she seemed like she was more frustrated than me throughout the entire conversation. I think they should really work on that, cause they are very well know and customer service is big in business. Bad customer service which they do have is just leading them to a bad reputation.

Yes. but the people you speak to are not actually employees, they are outsourced and thus your reports will be futile.

Quote Originally Posted by opinionguy View Post
    Yes. but the people you speak to are not actually employees, they are outsourced and thus your reports will be futile.
    Lol please educate yourself before you post. Does that mean since its outsourced and not their employee's then they do that as "volunteer work"? I'd assume not. Outsource means they hired someone out of their country.. Hired being a key word.

I have to say - reading the comments on this thread has me wondering whether or not people actually know how to speak to others. To be honest if I was customer service and someone spoke to me rudely or acted like I was incapable of basic intelligence or like I was the spawn of Satan - well I wouldn't be very helpful either. I can understand that making sure your money is right is very important, but seriously - basic curtsey will take you a long way.

That is good to know but why would they want you to press 0 six times? I thought when you call you get connected to the agent directly.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]