Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: How to Speak to a Person

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    101

    Default

    I always do that too! I am a big fan of pressing 0 and pound. Pound will get you a live person most of the time. I hate getting an automated machine. I just want to talk to someone. By the time you get a person on the line you're so fed up and annoyed that you take it out on them.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I recently noticed that Paypal will now give me the phone number of a person to talk to if I click on "help" at the top of the page (when I'm logged in in to my account). Then I click on the link that says "contact us" at the bottom of the right-hand column. That leads to another page where I can see a "speak to us" link that take me a local phone number and a one-time passcode that is valid for 60 minutes.

    I haven't tried this option, and I don't know if it's available in all countries, but it looks quite promising. If it does work, it would indeed make a refreshing change from the usual frustration we all feel when trying to get in touch with a real person at Paypal who can fix whatever problem we're facing!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
    I recently noticed that Paypal will now give me the phone number of a person to talk to if I click on "help" at the top of the page (when I'm logged in in to my account). Then I click on the link that says "contact us" at the bottom of the right-hand column. That leads to another page where I can see a "speak to us" link that take me a local phone number and a one-time passcode that is valid for 60 minutes.

    I haven't tried this option, and I don't know if it's available in all countries, but it looks quite promising. If it does work, it would indeed make a refreshing change from the usual frustration we all feel when trying to get in touch with a real person at Paypal who can fix whatever problem we're facing!
    Sadly it's not that's what made me look into the situation it's basically a number that the machine reads and figures out most of your "account data"... It's a stupid thing as it is misleading but that's paypal

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Customer service doesn't bring in profit so most large businesses are going to have the worst service.

    Profits before people, sad but true.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    That is good news because most of the time I have to sent a ticket with a question which sometimes take a bit of time. if one can speak to a human being, then solving problems will definitely be easier and faster.

    Thanks for the information.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kat74 View Post
    That is good news because most of the time I have to sent a ticket with a question which sometimes take a bit of time. if one can speak to a human being, then solving problems will definitely be easier and faster.

    Thanks for the information.
    Anytime if you find anything useful feel free to post stuff similar. But I'm glad you'll find use out of this.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Machines trouble most callers who call most any business. I have found, however, that hitting the zero on the phone keypad quite often takes the caller directly to someone in customer service when calling some businesses. I have never had to wait more than a short amount of time when calling in to speak with someone at Paypal. The representative seems to always efficiently handle my call. I have, however, had more than one person who collects large dollar amounts through Paypal say that Paypal frequently freezes accounts. I would venture that this practice happens with more companies than just Paypal when dealing with large dollar amounts. The bottom line is that large dollar amounts on a daily basis, even for legitimate companies, cause reason for pause.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    17

    Default

    When you need something, it sends you to an automated machine. If you want to speak to a live person, grab a comfortable sofa because it will take forever to speak to someone.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palpals View Post
    When you need something, it sends you to an automated machine. If you want to speak to a live person, grab a comfortable sofa because it will take forever to speak to someone.

    This I realized depends on the time you call, I called roughly 40 minutes till there lines "closed" so they sorta rushed and helped me out but you call at mid shift you will wait for awhile.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Speak calmly and assertively. Do not raise your voice or get upset, but rather express your concerns and needs and tell them what they can do to meet them.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •