Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: How to Speak to a Person

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    326

    Default How to Speak to a Person

    Yes you can actually speak to a agent when dealing with paypal. I found this yesterday and thought I should post it here when on the phone with the automated machine, you have to press 0 about 6 times do them a few seconds apart. It'll then tell you that you'll be sent to a agent and that then they will record the covo yada yada, then boom agent. Please note that when pressing the 0 the few times, the machine sounds semi sarcastic saying alright, might be me but thought it was sorta ironic. But there yall go!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    wow thats good to know, I've almost never heard a real life person while calling Paypal Customer Care, always a machine, it can be so frustrating sometimes especially when the issues you have is not one of the recordings.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Bay City, MI
    Posts
    83

    Default Where's The Americans?

    I spoke to one of the customer service reps. from PayPal in the past and I couldn't understand a word he was saying. I kept on talking slower and louder and he still couldn't even come close to solving my problem. I called back and got another foreigner. I had to call four or five times to finally get someone from the U.S, and people wonder why the unemployment rate is so high here. Come on PayPal, hire some Americans!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    wow thats good to know, I've almost never heard a real life person while calling Paypal Customer Care, always a machine, it can be so frustrating sometimes especially when the issues you have is not one of the recordings.
    Same I got mad, cussed the paypal machine out, googled found the number finally got help decieded to call back on the house phone and ask why they hide that yesterday they promptly hung up on me... Sad isn't it

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Winchester, CA
    Posts
    233

    Default

    I agree! I knew that you could talk to a rep, but I can never understand what they are saying. If you ask for a supervisor, I think that you will get someone who speaks proper English.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    I agree! I knew that you could talk to a rep, but I can never understand what they are saying. If you ask for a supervisor, I think that you will get someone who speaks proper English.
    If you are actually able to get that far, before I asked to speak to a supervisor guess who got "disconnected" during them sending me to the supervisor -.-

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    16

    Default How was the phone call?

    That's great to know, Sethky! I never managed to talk to a representative on the phone at Paypal. At most, I got a reply on my account when I had a question that couldn't be answered by their database. I'm sure happy you found this little trick with pressing 0 for 6 times.

    How in the world did you discover this? And how was your phone talk with the representative? Was he/she helpful or was it a waste of your time?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simon31 View Post
    That's great to know, Sethky! I never managed to talk to a representative on the phone at Paypal. At most, I got a reply on my account when I had a question that couldn't be answered by their database. I'm sure happy you found this little trick with pressing 0 for 6 times.

    How in the world did you discover this? And how was your phone talk with the representative? Was he/she helpful or was it a waste of your time?
    Honestly google just googled paypal's number then a website I think its called automated or not something like that, went on it and it told you exactly what to do. The first time it was a lady I was talking to mid 20's she was actually really nice, then she transferred me to another lady who could be described as "an ass". Then I called back later and got to speak to a person who was from india, he has a accent but after working with many people daily, it wasn't to bad and his accent wasn't as strong as other's he helped me out and actually was also quite decent. This is the first time and probably last I had decent customer service.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I've called Paypal one time. When I did it felt like it was taking an hour to get through. They aren't very friendly. My issue was loading funds to my account, and why I couldn't do it over the phone. They guy acted like he didn't even know what I was talking about. I was, needless to say, very annoyed. They should at least be somewhat familiar with these questions. I hate calling customer service reps for any company really.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by britt29 View Post
    I've called Paypal one time. When I did it felt like it was taking an hour to get through. They aren't very friendly. My issue was loading funds to my account, and why I couldn't do it over the phone. They guy acted like he didn't even know what I was talking about. I was, needless to say, very annoyed. They should at least be somewhat familiar with these questions. I hate calling customer service reps for any company really.
    Honestly I feel like they should train their workers on customer service, where I work I had to take online classes for it and that's just for a hardware store. But hey to each is own I guess.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •