Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q. about verifying account.

Default Q. about verifying account.

So I tried to verify my paypal today by linking my bank account. To do this they send a penny or whatever, with a reference code I need to enter within two hours.

But guess what? My bloody banks online management is offline for maintenance. So I can't find the code.

Does anyone know if I've lost my chance to verify? I can't imagine they'd be happy about having to send another penny!

I should be posting this to barclayssucks.com lol!

Never mind, if anyone was wondering despite saying 2 hours it didn't actually stop me from doing it about 12 hours later.

I hate that I have to use paypal for some things, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamde View Post
    Never mind, if anyone was wondering despite saying 2 hours it didn't actually stop me from doing it about 12 hours later.

I did it more than a day later and it still worked. I don't think it matters that much. Some people need to go to the bank to look at their accounts and they can't expect them to hop in the car as soon as Paypal charges something to their account.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamde View Post

Haha my dad was able to wait 2 days to add the code to his paypal I guess along with customer service they also can't do time right.

I also had issues trying to verify my account. They said I needed to put in my bank info but I was told elsewhere, I could use a prepaid card to verify it. I still haven't gotten things straight with them and didn't know it was going to be this difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by randee555 View Post
    I also had issues trying to verify my account. They said I needed to put in my bank info but I was told elsewhere, I could use a prepaid card to verify it. I still haven't gotten things straight with them and didn't know it was going to be this difficult.
    Can you not use your bank info? It worked for me in the end, even if I did have to wait about 12 hours to get it sorted.

I didn't know they give you a time limit to verify your account, let alone 2 hours!

If you're verifying your account via a credit card it, sometimes, takes days to appear on your statement. It really depends on the bank/credit card company as to, how fast it shows up on your account. Granted, these days, it usually happens in minutes but Paypal still gives you that leeway.

I was using a prepaid credit card, on my Paypal account, before it expired and my new one got lost in the mail. I needed to use Paypal before I, actually, received my replacement card, so I verified another account. Unless it's a prepaid card that isn't re-loadable, I don't see why they would have an issue. If it's a non re-loadable card, I can see them having an issue because you're not actually verifying anything. Those cards can transfer hands without any trace, a possible nightmare for them.
    Last edited by LivetoErr; 01-20-2014 at 07:20 PM.

I don't think the time frame is a problem. Whenever you enter it, it will work.

I think you'll have to send another penny was it? in my day it was a dollar. Anyhow it shouldn't be a problem if its that low of an amount

I'm glad that it still worked for you, even though that sounds very frustrating! I have no idea why you would only have 2 hours to verify. That doesn't make any sense. What if you can't log on to your bank right away? Anyway, very glad you sorted it out.