Thread: How do i convert my income value on paypal from USD to Euros?

Default How do i convert my income value on paypal from USD to Euros?

Hi, i received a tranfer on my paypal account from the US in USD. As i am from Europe, i wanted to convert USD to Euros, how can i do that?

when you try to buy something, or withdraw money from your ATM via your Paypal Mastercard it automatically gets converted.

If you want to convert part or all of the US dollars in your Paypal balance, you first need to add the Euro as an additional currency. On your account's Overview page you'll see a link that says "currency converter". Click it and on the page that opens you can add one or more currencies and choose which one to make your primary currency. If you make the Euro primary you'll still be able to accept payment in US dollars, which will remain in that currency - it's like having a multi-currency bank account.

In the right-hand column you can also convert funds from one currency to another (as long as you've added that currency already), as well as just check how much you would receive if you made a conversion.

Talking

Hi,
    thank you both for your help! I was new to paypal and i was wandering if i could use the USD amount when buying in Euros, as on my smartphone it was displaying like the USD amount was available, but the same converted amount in EUR was not, so i wasn't sure if i could use it. Thank you!

There is a currency converter in paypal's page. I'm not sure though if you can just collect the US Dollars and just exchange it locally. That seems to be better as the currency converter of paypal is unfair and lessens the value of your money when converted to other currencies.

Paypal usually converts everything automatically when you go to buy something, If you're unsure on the exchange rates, Just search your $ funds and It will give you the current /Euro rate in Google, I receive payment in dollars for freelance work and when i purchase something it changes the amount to .

Quote Originally Posted by googoos0ng View Post
    Hi, i received a tranfer on my paypal account from the US in USD. As i am from Europe, i wanted to convert USD to Euros, how can i do that?
    Its done automatically.

I agree with the others, it does it automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by googoos0ng View Post
    You can set your primary currency to Euros if you like. Also, when you are withdrawing, there is an option there to have it converted to a particular currency. You would see that option towards the right hand side of your screen.

The money gets converted automatically whenever you make a purchase. I have noticed they don't offer the best exchange rate.
    It would be nice to have a better exchange rate but they need to make money somehow.