Thread: restricted but not allowed to close account

Steff Guest

Default restricted but not allowed to close account

My experience involves eBay but I can relate to all of the Paypal stories as well. I have been selling my handcrafted jewelry on eBay for over 5 years and in September 2013 eBay "restricted" my selling account for not meeting the selling standards. I called today December 31, 2013 to see if I will ever get seller account reinstated: the answer was 'no, but I cannot give you a reason' and the only suggestion given was to find somewhere else to sell my items. And, I could still buy on eBay.....
    So, I attempted to cancel my eBay account altogether. I was not allowed to cancel my account because of "pending unresolved restriction". Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!
    Done with eBay.

Unregistered Guest

paypal pulled that same crap on me. restricted my account but would not let me close it. I don't see the point of that.
    There are ways to get back on ebay after having been restricted/suspended, the ebook on this site has some info about that you might want to check out.

Unregistered Guest

Default ebay/paypal

Do yourself a favor- walk away- never look back

there's life after this
    good luck

That is riduculous! I hate eBay. I will never sell/buy there again. It used to be a great site, but now everything is so screwed up. I hope that you find a better place to sell your jewelry. Have you tried Etsy?

Honestly try calling them if nothing else works like the guy above me just walk away and dont look back or touch the account

Etsy.com, Amazon.com, society66.com and many other sites are like EBay, you list your items for sale and get paid through an Amazon payments and a few other online payment processors. It may take time to upload all your stuff but your savings on fees will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steff View Post
    My experience involves eBay but I can relate to all of the Paypal stories as well. I have been selling my handcrafted jewelry on eBay for over 5 years and in September 2013 eBay "restricted" my selling account for not meeting the selling standards. I called today December 31, 2013 to see if I will ever get seller account reinstated: the answer was 'no, but I cannot give you a reason' and the only suggestion given was to find somewhere else to sell my items. And, I could still buy on eBay.....
    So, I attempted to cancel my eBay account altogether. I was not allowed to cancel my account because of "pending unresolved restriction". Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!
    Done with eBay.
    You should really stop using E-bay it's a scam site. I for one experienced it by being a buyer.