Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay refunded buyer after item was delivered

Default Can't Stand Ebay

I for one can't stand Ebay! It's bad enough that they have to treat the buyers and sellers on their own site like crap, but now they've been turning Craigslist into a circus too. I used to like Craigslist but now there's too many hoops you have to go through just to make a couple ads stick without getting "ghosted". Ebay needs to just go away because it's ruining a lot of peoples' lives!

That's horrible! I would try contacting ebay again and tell them that you're going to shut down your account. They make their money from charging seller fees. Why do they protect buyers so much in this way? It makes no sense. Such a rip off.

Default No More eBay!

If I was you I would never do business with eBay ever again after this. They always try to do whatever they want to do even if the buyers and sellers would be happy otherwise. eBay is supposed to connect buyers and sellers and take their "middleman" cut, but instead they try to play God and make up their own rules after the fact. I would try using Craigslist to sell your items from now on if I were you, that way you and the buyers can make your own agreements. eBay isn't the only business in town!

Quote Originally Posted by sethky View Post
    It's sad but I doubt they'll do anything to reverse what they have already done. They got there money from fee's and made the buyer happy that's all they care about.
    Sadly I agree They are greedy and since they got their money they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by LivetoErr View Post
    It seems to me, that eBay, predominantly, sides with the buyer, not the seller.

I'm sure they figure you should have had someone else take care of your shipments while you were in the hospital.

Do you have many negative comments on your eBay account? That's about the only time I would have been concerned about whether or not you were going to ship me the item. Otherwise, I would have given you a chance to get better and ship the items.

However, if eBay has a policy where it states an item must be shipped in, there isn't a whole lot you can do.
    I don't think so. I have been scammed by e-bay employees or sellers in cahoots with employees maybe and I filed a dispute with E-bay but it turns out they don't care since their company is based in Singapore, at least their main office is. So I had no way to sue this stupid company.

That is so crappy exactly why I buy NOTHING off of Ebay and use PayPal very little. So sad. I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you and I can sympathize because I too have had health issues and been in the hospital.

Default Ebay

It is shocking what Ebay gets away with! I hate dealing with their customer service. Only once did I speak to someone that had some common sense and professional behaviour. Every other time they have just been rude. They refused to give me explanations, have cut me off, and when I've asked to speak to their supervisor (due to their lack of cooperation and rudeness) they refuse. I try to avoid Ebay if I can.