Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay refunded buyer after item was delivered

Unregistered Guest

Angry Ebay refunded buyer after item was delivered

I am not even sure how to start....

I was in the hospital for 2 1/2 weeks and of course my shipments fell behind. I emailed all of my buyers that shipping will be delayed. Many buyers said that it is OK with them, to ship when I can. Two of the buyers opened up an "Item not received" case and wanted tracking number for their item, which I uploaded.

Couple of days later they received their items and I thought I go ahead and close the case with ebay.

Now, hang on to your seats.....EBAY refunded their money and let them keep the item. The reason why is, because the item was not deliver in the time frame specified by EBAY. Well hello EBAY, I was in the hospital. I called EBAY today and there is nothing that they can do. What a bunch of IDIOTS.....

Unregistered Guest

Unfortunately ebay does not take life and it's unforeseen events in to consideration when making decisions. Hope you are feeling better.

i'm sorry to hear that. It's really sad to see people lose money this way. It's not their fault they were sick.

There should be something you can do about it? Maybe contact Ebay again?

It's sad but I doubt they'll do anything to reverse what they have already done. They got there money from fee's and made the buyer happy that's all they care about.

It seems to me, that eBay, predominantly, sides with the buyer, not the seller.

I'm sure they figure you should have had someone else take care of your shipments while you were in the hospital.

Do you have many negative comments on your eBay account? That's about the only time I would have been concerned about whether or not you were going to ship me the item. Otherwise, I would have given you a chance to get better and ship the items.

However, if eBay has a policy where it states an item must be shipped in, there isn't a whole lot you can do.

That is ridiculous! I would block those buyers from your auctions. Maybe they will realize they were in the wrong, but I know eBay won't give you your money that. That is stealing. I wonder if there will eventually be a class action suit against eBay for stealing so much money from sellers.

Wow what a horrible situation, maybe you should contact your lawyer and find out your legal actions.

E-bay is a really awful site especially with my experience as a buyer here in the Philippines. By the way what country are you from. E-bay is bad for both the buyer and the seller. The website is just a means of scamming and ripping people off their hard-earned money. I have heard that the employees of E-bay are part of the scam. In our country, I have heard that the employees are giving good ratings and are involved with scammers. Maybe that's why they never updated me on the dispute I filed with the item I never received. I hope those people who scam others will also be scammed in life. It just sickens me to see people are too greedy to even care about the welfare of others people.

Quote Originally Posted by fredkawig View Post
    E-bay is a really awful site especially with my experience as a buyer here in the Philippines. By the way what country are you from. E-bay is bad for both the buyer and the seller. The website is just a means of scamming and ripping people off their hard-earned money. I have heard that the employees of E-bay are part of the scam. In our country, I have heard that the employees are giving good ratings and are involved with scammers. Maybe that's why they never updated me on the dispute I filed with the item I never received. I hope those people who scam others will also be scammed in life. It just sickens me to see people are too greedy to even care about the welfare of others people.
    Welcome to modern day society, where no one cares about you or your welfare. And extra dollar they screw you out of the happier and carefree you are. Sadly though like I said its our modern day society.

I would give the buyers a chance to repay you since what they did amounts to theft.

Otherwise leave some negative feedback about what they pulled if they are willing and knowingly going to keep you shipment and their refunds.