Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do I have to have a registered business

You don't need to be registered. I have a merchant account simply because it looked like the best fit for what I planned on doing with the account. The number of transactions, limits and fees are all considerations.

If you are a US citizen, there may be some tax implications as well - whether a business pays the taxes or an individual. As I am not in the US, I cant be sure how it is handled though.

Just look through the various account types and find the most suitable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Private people can get merchant accounts no problemo but if you are a somewhat big time seller I would recommend that you register as a LLC or Corp. but you don't have to to get a merchant account.
    This is what I did exactly and I have not had any problems so far and I hope it will stay that way.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

You can register as a SOLE PROP (sole proprietorship). Having a registered business is not necessary whatsoever to use a paypal business account..
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

yes you can register as an individual. it might depend on the merchant but generally that is the case. if your business is big though i think you have to register it in your country and use the merchant account as a company/corporation.

You do not need to be registered as a business to have a real merchant account. You can just use your personal information. I would avoid using paypal at all cost! good luck with your business venture.

You just need your social if you don't have a tax id. You'll need to provide your personal info like address, phone and email. But you don't have to be a registered business with a location.

No, you do not have to be registered to have a merchant account. You can just use your personal information.

No you do not have to register your business to accept credit cards. you can just use your personal information when you apply. But if you want your customers to see your business name on their statements you will have to be registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    No you do not have to register your business to accept credit cards. you can just use your personal information when you apply. But if you want your customers to see your business name on their statements you will have to be registered.
    I use my merchant account to sell on eBay after paypal limited my account and stole over 500 dollars. My buyers see my ebay sellers name on their bank statements, that is what I listed as my DBA name when I applied but the legal business name is my First and last name as I am not a registered business, I applied as a sole proprietor/individual.