Thread: Ebay compatible shopping cart instead of Paypal ??

CeCe Guest

Default Ebay compatible shopping cart instead of Paypal ??

I am looking for information on how to use a ebay compatible shopping cart to avoid using paypal to collect payments on ebay and instead use a merchant account. Anyone know of this?

Unregistered Guest

yes you should be able to use the emailing invoice feature of a shopping cart as your payment method on eBay. Winning bidders/buyers will get with an add button via email. Upon successful payment the cart will update the eBay auction status automatically. You will have to set your payment method to Other in your eBay account.

Unregistered Guest

I have never thought of this but you would have to pay for a shopping cart as well as the merchant account then. Still better then using Paypal where you never even get your money.

Oh there is so much more to it than just the things listed above. My former employer, small family business, wanted to take payments on the website and it deposit straight into merchant account. That costs tons of money and the web programming is expensive too. Tried PayPal with deposit to our merchant account but the forms and regulations they had made the business just use the regular PayPal service. You also cannot use the Paypal button on your website.

Default Bad News

Unfortunately I think it would be too much trouble to do what you're trying to do. It would cost you more money in the long run. It would make things a lot more complicated too. You might as well just stick with the regular PayPal system. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear but sadly it's the truth.

it is the sad truth, paypal is the only real source we have to exchange money in a semi secure way, where as bitcoins seem like the better option but its completely anonymous and could get ripped of easily, sad world we live in.

I think paypal allows that feature now. I'm frustrated with e-bay for what they have done to me. I don't think it would be wise for you to go to all that trouble because in the end you might get frustrated with a lot of scammers.