Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay/Paypal is mostly for scammers

E-bay is really for scammers. In our country we the E-bay employees themselves are in cahoots with the sellers and they give them high rankings just so they can rip-off the money of people. I had a very unpleasant transaction with E-bay and never again will I fall for their trap and I would spread this through word of mouth so that those scammers and the company which allows it will fall to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I had a buyer that did not pay. I am lucky in that the buyer did not try other methods of scam that I have been reading about like claiming the item was not sent. I think the "buyer" was actually selling the same item for more expensive and was manipulating the market to have his item sold at a higher price. Ebay could care less that this "buyer" did not pay.

I think selling on eBay is not for the casual person and you need to be a hardened, well prepared, experienced person or you will loose your shirt. Sellers beware!

Also, if you are into scamming, "buying" on eBay is probably an easy way to make a lot of money by stealing "legally". I can't believe this is allowed to happen. What a shame.
    Oh my I hope they did something for you in the end.

eBay used to be good before PayPal bought them out. They then revamped the feedback system to the point that it's now a scammers paradise. I seriously don't understand how PayPal is able to avoid the Sherman Anti-Trust Act with the stuff they pull.

Yeah, definitely agree. So easy for scammers to operate on eBay and PayPal. It's strange how they allow it also!

I don't think eBay is MOSTLY for scammers. There are some and you have to be careful, yes, but it's not like diving into a piranha tank or anything. What was the feedback of this "buyer" like? I'm not sure if you know this, but you can actually set your auctions to only allow people with a certain amount of positive feedback to bid. Have you tried offering the item to the second highest bidder, too? That's another feature useful in situations like this. It is very annoying to have someone bid without paying, but ultimately you haven't really lost anything so I would cut your losses and move on. Sorry this happened to you.

This thread is helpful. I've recently started selling on ebay and to see just how full of scammers it is, sheds some light on what I'm getting into. So keeping your transactions low is the best advice you guys have for someone using ebay to sell items?

Thanks

I buy and I sell on eBay. I have had ONE issue in my five years now with a seller. Every other transaction with a seller went off without a hitch.

I can't say the same about buyers on eBay. I seem to have a problem with someone every time I try to sell something. Either they pull the bidding without paying. It's lost in the mail and after refund it magically appears at their house and they're no longer active users. Charge backs with and without bad ratings. It's ridiculous.

Paypal is full of Nigerian scam artists! I used Ebay with my dad to sell my Xbox, and after a few days of having it up, i was emailed by a Nigerian, offering 200 for shipping and 100 after for the price of the Xbox. They send fake Paypal emails and everything! After having checked our Paypal account and noticing nothing had gone through, we reported him to Ebay, Paypal AND Google (as my email was with Google), however we had no replied back from any of the companies apart from Paypal, who said this user was not doing anything wrong! Shortly after we closed our account, but the horrors didn't end there. I then Googled this problem, and it seems that hundreds of people have had the same thing happen to them, all with similar results from Paypal- nothing! And these complaints stretched back to 2004! Paypal is a scammers paradise, and not something to get into using.

I never trusted Ebay since I last oredered a guitar from somebody with a high rating but instead of a guitar I recieved lots of books. I tried to contact the guy but no chances for any refund.

Mostly is one of the terms like "always" and "forever" and "never." Be careful saying that, because I have been using them both for most of my life and neither are MOSTLY for scammers. Yes, there are tons of scammers on them both, but that does not mean "most."
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]