Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ebay/Paypal is mostly for scammers

There are scammers, but the considering how successful these programs/sites are the greater majority have to be legit in nature. On top of which a lot of complaints come about because people are doing things like accepting unsolicited buys or sending money outside the limited protection of a company like PayPal or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Berberita Ion View Post
    I never trusted Ebay since I last oredered a guitar from somebody with a high rating but instead of a guitar I recieved lots of books. I tried to contact the guy but no chances for any refund.
    Jesus, that's awful! Did it ever get resolved? I can't believe they got away with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalk View Post
    Jesus, that's awful! Did it ever get resolved? I can't believe they got away with that.
    I agree. There is no way that they should have gotten away with this. Maybe a picture of a guitar, but definitely not a bunch of books. Such terrible customer service on eBay's part...
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

I think you are referring to those people who file a charge-back after receiving the item. I have heard many complaints about it. Seriously PayPal doesn't care about the seller at all. I suggest you to switch to some other PayPal alternatives. You can find some here .

PayPal doesnt care about sellers or buyers, just about themselves and their huge profits.

While there's a lot more people using paypal who aren't scammers, It's a virtual paradise for them. They know Paypal doesn't care. They know they have such terrible customer service.

I've had lots of mishaps with paypal, more than any other service, but on the flipside I have had success with them as well. If they were truly nothing but scammers then you would hear a fair louder outcry and ebay wouldn't still be in business and doing so well.

There are a lot of scammers who unfortunately ruin things for those of us who want to use it honestly. It really pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by TomRalphio View Post
    There are a lot of scammers who unfortunately ruin things for those of us who want to use it honestly. It really pisses me off.
    Yep, it's always that one percent that ruins it for all the honest people out there. DRM for instance. Most people aren't game pirates, just consumers. Yet the game developers insist on using draconian DRM on some games that really get in the way of enjoying them. Besides, in most cases, the scammers have a way around any sort of blocks. In DRM, the hackers often break through it before the game has even been officially released to the public.