Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay's rating system is flawed BIG TIME

I too remember the days when eBay was more fair and balanced toward buyers and sellers. Now consideration is made toward buyers and sellers are offered little to no protection against fraud. It is unfortunate, especially for sellers who are selling things on a smaller scale and not unloading thousands upon thousands of wholesale items. Even as a buyer it's more difficult to find really special things now.

It's also kind of annoying that sellers now have to ship within 24 hours and upload a tracking number. Each tracking number costs $1 at the post office, so that adds up.

There was a time where sending an item out within 2 or 3 days was acceptable.
    What small seller has time to go to the post office every single day?

If you choose not to ship within 24 hours or upload tracking, then you'll be disqualified for Top Rated Seller status and your items will have a bad search ranking, because Top Rated sellers get better visibility in search.

Buyers want tracking but don't want to pay the extra dollar, so it comes out of the seller's profits.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnieann5275 View Post
    I too remember the days when eBay was more fair and balanced toward buyers and sellers. Now consideration is made toward buyers and sellers are offered little to no protection against fraud. It is unfortunate, especially for sellers who are selling things on a smaller scale and not unloading thousands upon thousands of wholesale items. Even as a buyer it's more difficult to find really special things now.
    This is true. A buyer could lie and say they didn't receive the item and enjoy a free item because eBay almost always favors the buyer and will force you to refund their money. I feel vulnerable every time I mail something out.

Quote Originally Posted by ACSAPA View Post
    This is true. A buyer could lie and say they didn't receive the item and enjoy a free item because eBay almost always favors the buyer and will force you to refund their money. I feel vulnerable every time I mail something out.
    You're not alone, I have the same fear every time I ship something out. Haven't been burned yet, knock on wood, but it could happen. I would be reluctant to sell big ticket items on eBay (like iPads or PS4s or whatever highly-sought Electronics) since those are the types of items scammers would want to work with. Selling some highly niche items gives a bit more of a secure feeling.

Today, I was talking to eBay customer service because I think it's totally insane that my seller privileges have been restricted over a minor infraction.
    The max amount of low DSR's you can have is 2%. I had 2.03% low DSRs for shipping speed. So because of .03%, my Paypal funds from buyers are being held for 21 days.

I think it's disgusting that I'm being treated this way over a fraction of a percent that isn't even a whole number.

Customer service is so blind and stupid that even though I kept bringing up the .03% , they kept reading the same scripted line about how falling below standard costs you all your privileges.

It's pretty infuriating that I'm going through all this because of a fraction of a percent.

That's what E-bay does, they scam not only sellers but buyers also, that's all part of their scheme.