Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay's rating system is flawed BIG TIME

Duffner Guest

Default Ebay's rating system is flawed BIG TIME

Long story short......eBay has suspended my seller account after having 331 feedbacks with 100% feedback & on the star system out of 90 I have two that are 89 & two that are 90!!...I also have incredible feedback. They have made it so that any "anonymous" buyer can leave negative feedback & give you 1 star on anything with no legitament reason except they feel like it (or is your selling competition).
    In return it can screw the honest, hard working sellers account & when I call I'm told O'well no one can change it & it is what it is. So now the buyers have all the rights & the sellers have none. Why let a seller say no returns when buyers protection will make the seller except returns?..Makes no sense. So I then started a new account with my roommates info & they shut her account down with 12 active & highly bid on auctions presently happening because they can see that it's off the same IP Internet address that associated with a suspended account...Really that's a bunch of crap....I am trying to sell products that buyers want & make money to give my kids a Christmas & now eBay has screwed me to the wall for no good reason!!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Duffner View Post
    Long story short......eBay has suspended my seller account after having 331 feedbacks with 100% feedback & on the star system out of 90 I have two that are 89 & two that are 90!!...I also have incredible feedback. They have made it so that any "anonymous" buyer can leave negative feedback & give you 1 star on anything with no legitament reason except they feel like it (or is your selling competition).
    In return it can screw the honest, hard working sellers account & when I call I'm told O'well no one can change it & it is what it is. So now the buyers have all the rights & the sellers have none. Why let a seller say no returns when buyers protection will make the seller except returns?..Makes no sense. So I then started a new account with my roommates info & they shut her account down with 12 active & highly bid on auctions presently happening because they can see that it's off the same IP Internet address that associated with a suspended account...Really that's a bunch of crap....I am trying to sell products that buyers want & make money to give my kids a Christmas & now eBay has screwed me to the wall for no good reason!!
    eBay only works if you are a buyer, there are way to many ways to get screwed when you are a seller.

This sucks. Its not safe to use as a buyer or a seller. Its only good to use if you are the owner...
    Wish ebay gets some competition because all of this can be done better...

haha ebay is such a f*****g joke. they should make it that you can only leave feedback if you bought from the seller. i cannot believe this policy has not been changed yet

Well it's their rules, so I guess if people can't stomach it anymore, then they should stop using Ebay.. I know their rules are unfair, but I guess that's just the way it is. Maybe Craigslist is a better option.

Default eBay Sucks

eBay's feedback system sucks so bad. Any user who wants to ruin any seller's reputation can do so very easily just be giving them some back feedback. Even if they are just lying about their experience other buyers would never know. I think if someone leaves back feedback they should have to prove to eBay what happened to them to have such a bad experience to prevent feedback fraud.

I hate how one sided the feedback system is. A buyer could wait three weeks to pay you and make no contact at all, and you can't even leave bad feedback for them. You just have to take the abuse and try to get your selling fees back.

I miss when non paying bidders automatically got suspended for unpaid item strikes, so they were afraid to not pay. Now there are no consequences for being a deadbeat.

I miss when you could leave honest feedback about a bad customer,
    Now everything works in favor of buyers and sellers are in a precarious and vulnerable situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ACSAPA View Post
    I hate how one sided the feedback system is. A buyer could wait three weeks to pay you and make no contact at all, and you can't even leave bad feedback for them. You just have to take the abuse and try to get your selling fees back.

I miss when non paying bidders automatically got suspended for unpaid item strikes, so they were afraid to not pay. Now there are no consequences for being a deadbeat.

I miss when you could leave honest feedback about a bad customer,
    Now everything works in favor of buyers and sellers are in a precarious and vulnerable situation.
    Dude ebay was like that.. What happened those days seem blissful and awesome. Now It makes me pretty sad to thing ebay has turned from being such a great site..

Quote Originally Posted by sethky View Post
    Dude ebay was like that.. What happened those days seem blissful and awesome. Now It makes me pretty sad to thing ebay has turned from being such a great site..
    There was a time in the late 1990's and early 2000s that eBay had the feeling of a yard sale and you could find some weird and interesting stuff.
    Non paying bidders were afraid of bad feedback and suspension ,so they paid for their items most of the time.

Then eBay started to lose customers to Amazon. So they said "Amazon has a few Chinese sellers selling 3rd party video game accessories." and "Amazon doesn't allow sellers to leave bad feedback." and "Amazon has a search engine based on factors from shipping cost to item specifics."

So they copied a bunch of things from Amazon and basically ruined eBay.
    Now I see that they're also copying Pinterest, with "collections" which are basically Pinterest boards of items on eBay.

Instead of copying other sites, eBay should listen to sellers' concerns about why the new system isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by ACSAPA View Post
    There was a time in the late 1990's and early 2000s that eBay had the feeling of a yard sale and you could find some weird and interesting stuff.
    Non paying bidders were afraid of bad feedback and suspension ,so they paid for their items most of the time.

Then eBay started to lose customers to Amazon. So they said "Amazon has a few Chinese sellers selling 3rd party video game accessories." and "Amazon doesn't allow sellers to leave bad feedback." and "Amazon has a search engine based on factors from shipping cost to item specifics."

So they copied a bunch of things from Amazon and basically ruined eBay.
    Now I see that they're also copying Pinterest, with "collections" which are basically Pinterest boards of items on eBay.

Instead of copying other sites, eBay should listen to sellers' concerns about why the new system isn't working.

That's crazy I wish I was around to use them when they operated that. I've realized though they did copy the interest idea, and such.