Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How in the world can I get my money back?

Unregistered Guest

Default How in the world can I get my money back?

I bought a $130 pair of boots and the seller sent it with no signature required. Took forever too. FedEx left it on my doorstep, the tracking even shows left on doorstep, no signature required. Some jerk stole them off my porch. Seller says he initiated an investigation with FedEx but they take an eternity to respond to emails. Paypal closed the claim as soon as I updated them with the most recent information from the seller stating he would refund my money but he has not. Now the claim is closed and I have no recourse. WTF can I do??? I put it on my Bill Me Later so it's not like I can dispute it with my bank and since Bill Me Later is a Paypal service I can't dispute it any further with them either. I try and contact eBay and I hit a dead end saying I already filed a dispute that has been closed. I am literally read to punch a nun at this point I am so frustrated!!y

Unregistered Guest

This is not a paypal issue but a FedEx issue or even a police issue, file a police report that the package was stolen.

Unregistered Guest

Police would not do a thing except file a report, and how would that help me get my money refunded?

I do not mean to be harsh but since the package was delivered and stolen from your doorstep, it is a Fedex problem not the seller. Fedex are the ones that should pay for the package, they should have made sure that you were given in person not just dropping it at the doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    I do not mean to be harsh but since the package was delivered and stolen from your doorstep, it is a Fedex problem not the seller. Fedex are the ones that should pay for the package, they should have made sure that you were given in person not just dropping it at the doorstep.
    I think though to an extent it's there fault but same time, it's sort of ebays for closing the case TO early. They should see that this is a little timely issue and should have went oh this could be a issue that might take time to resolve lets leave this open for a little longer.

So, I have a somewhat similar situation, though my package hasn't been stolen. It just simply hasn't gotten here yet. I've opened a case with EBay since I haven't gotten my purchase yet, but I am wondering whether or not I am going to have any recourse since the seller has uploaded a tracking number that has somewhat moved through the system. If he shipped it, does that mean that his responsibility is over? after that do I have to lodge a complaint with the US postal service or does this fall under the responsibility of the seller?

Quote Originally Posted by novasparker View Post
    So, I have a somewhat similar situation, though my package hasn't been stolen. It just simply hasn't gotten here yet. I've opened a case with EBay since I haven't gotten my purchase yet, but I am wondering whether or not I am going to have any recourse since the seller has uploaded a tracking number that has somewhat moved through the system. If he shipped it, does that mean that his responsibility is over? after that do I have to lodge a complaint with the US postal service or does this fall under the responsibility of the seller?
    No if you went though ebay you are covered like crazy. If anything open a case and try and say you didn't receive your package. They'll probably go in your favor and return your money.

I think that if the seller knew they where shipping via FedEx they should have required a signature. I have never had a package come via FedEx that did not require a signature. I would contact PayPal and talk to someone directly there. Even if the claim is closed can't you open another one stating that you never got the refund?

You can try to call BillMeLater and you can also talk to FedEx. They are the ones who left it at your doorstep. The seller might be able to get a refund through them and then pass it on to you. So sorry you're frustrated! Keep at it! You will get your money back.

I hope the police catch this dude! This is just plain wrong and really low to steal a package off of someone's porch.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]