Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I stand a chance winning of suing paypal?

I think part of their updated terms of service state that you shouldn't trade cryptocurrency using PayPal accounts, so a lawsuit may not be fruitful. They specify Bitcoin as an example of these currencies I think.

I believe so as long as you have one of those e-mails that states that you are eligible for Seller protection. I think you can win against Paypal in court. As I have said in another post, the moment paypal emailed you that you are guaranteed for protection, they immediately waived their terms of service by expressly repealing their TOS with the email of guarantee of protection. Take this to court and you will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezaynoway View Post
    I am currently dealing with an unbelievable situation in which PayPal is flatly refusing to honor their Terms of Use. At the moment, I have thousands of dollars that have been frozen as a result of fraudulent claim. Citing 15.1 (General Provisions, Limitations of Liability), two managers have attempted to claim the right to arbitrarily alter the legal terms of use on a individual case basis.
    Of course, this dubious interpretation would never hold up in court. However, in the meantime, it sets an alarming precedent for customers.
    That is indeed disturbing, I hope the situation resolves in a pleasant manner for you.

Sadly you have no chance of winning in court due to what you were selling. Not to mention the fact that Paypal would have better lawyers than you.

If you have a really good lawyer and if you've got all the necessary proofs, you should sue them. However, I don't recommend it if you're not 100% sure you can win. You'll waste your money, your time and Paypal will try to scam you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    If you have a really good lawyer and if you've got all the necessary proofs, you should sue them. However, I don't recommend it if you're not 100% sure you can win. You'll waste your money, your time and Paypal will try to scam you again.
    Unfortunately this is the case. It might not be worth going through with it if you aren't facing a high likelihood of winning. It will just cost you a lot of money

No point in suing Paypal over this, just move on and try using one of the available alternatives. Due to the novelty and somehow shady background of cryptocurrencies they are not properly covered by seller protection. Add to this the fact that Paypal is a huge company with near limitless resources and great lawyers and you'll understand why suing them is a bad idea.

Anyway, I hope that by know you got this issue sorted and found another payment processor.

To be honest I don't think this is actually Paypal's fault. I mean the first issue with the unauthorized access of one's digital account is whether or not you have a problem. Like is the spyware on your computer or laptop? Did you use a hotspot that was rigged or tapped to gather your information? Did you get taken by an excellent Phishing email or website? Etc.

Basically you have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the blame is actually on Paypal... and then you have to connect that to the Litecoin stuff which is going to be pretty impossible. Terms of Usage don't cover digital concurrency and it's not exactly worth anything outside of what it's assigned via popular demand. Hmm... I really don't think you have a case here.

I would report them for fraud, but other than that you probably stand almost no chance of winning. Take your story to the local news and even the bigger news stations.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Hi I was selling Litecoins on eBay and the accounts I sold and sent the Litecoins too were accessed by another party. I have lost nearly 4000 as Paypal says they will not compensate me because it was a digital delivery. It was Paypals lack of security that these accounts were accessed by somebody why should I be out conned out of so much money when it was Paypals fault. I can prove that the Litecoins left my wallet after each Paypal payment was received. Please tell me if I have a chance of winning if I took Paypal to the small claims court. All of the people who were conned were paid back by myself as Paypal demanded the money back of me. Please help me if you can this is so depressing just before Christmas.
    Ultimately, you are dealing with stuff that is against their rules, so you do not have any legs to stand on. It doesn't matter who got screwed, when you do something against the rules, there's nothing else to it.
    Youtube views: Quick, easy and free!
    [url]http://downloadsafe.org/file/04c8d7[/url]