Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I stand a chance winning of suing paypal?

Shelly Guest

Default Do I stand a chance winning of suing paypal?

Hi I was selling Litecoins on eBay and the accounts I sold and sent the Litecoins too were accessed by another party. I have lost nearly 4000 as Paypal says they will not compensate me because it was a digital delivery. It was Paypals lack of security that these accounts were accessed by somebody why should I be out conned out of so much money when it was Paypals fault. I can prove that the Litecoins left my wallet after each Paypal payment was received. Please tell me if I have a chance of winning if I took Paypal to the small claims court. All of the people who were conned were paid back by myself as Paypal demanded the money back of me. Please help me if you can this is so depressing just before Christmas.

Unregistered Guest

I am so sorry this happened to you but I don't think it would be worth your time to take paypal to court. Like you said they don't cover digital goods
    Paypal's user agreement;
    you agree that for Digital Goods transactions you receive up to the amounts in the table below, then if a buyer opens a Dispute, PayPal may reverse the transaction, and remove the funds from your Account without requiring the buyer to escalate the Dispute to a Claim.

Unregistered Guest

Default Paypal hoding my daughters account hostage read on >

I personally took my daughter to the post office to ship her goods to Italy......we have the tracking number and everything and the person in Italy says she hasn't received her package yet....problem is that customs in ITALY can take anywhere from one to three months to be delivered to the customer and they are trying to make my dughter PAY BACK to the woman who ordered the goods. She the customer will end up getting the $300 necklace after the lengthily 1 to 3 months in Italy Customs and also paypal is trying to make my daughter pay back the buyer ....So problem here is PAY PAL isn't even hearing about the customs problem they are trying to make my daughter who shipped off the necklace which is stuck in customs and so the freaking woman who bought the necklace will get $300 refunded and as well the necklace....ANY ONE WANT TO START A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST PAY PAL CONTACT ME [email]JJBCLAYWORLD3@AOL.COM[/email] THANK YOU MUCH. sOMEONE HAS TO GET THE BALLS ROLLING! Let's DO IT!!!!

I am currently dealing with an unbelievable situation in which PayPal is flatly refusing to honor their Terms of Use. At the moment, I have thousands of dollars that have been frozen as a result of fraudulent claim. Citing 15.1 (General Provisions, Limitations of Liability), two managers have attempted to claim the right to arbitrarily alter the legal terms of use on a individual case basis.
    Of course, this dubious interpretation would never hold up in court. However, in the meantime, it sets an alarming precedent for customers.

PayPal charged me twice for the same item. They have withdrew money from my bank account for the second time about a week after the transaction was completed leaving me overdrawn, Iwas charged 45$ of insufficient funds fee from my bank and my loan repayment bounced as a result also having my credit ratings affected.
    They said "sorry". I am considering legal action but don't know if it will be worth it in the end.

I really do think you might stand a chance if you can prove that the digital goods had left your hands and it was PayPal's wrongdoing. You just have to show the proof in court. Start it up. I think that all of us here on the forums could probably get a class action suit going for so many terms broken on their behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Hi I was selling Litecoins on eBay and the accounts I sold and sent the Litecoins too were accessed by another party. I have lost nearly 4000 as Paypal says they will not compensate me because it was a digital delivery. It was Paypals lack of security that these accounts were accessed by somebody why should I be out conned out of so much money when it was Paypals fault. I can prove that the Litecoins left my wallet after each Paypal payment was received. Please tell me if I have a chance of winning if I took Paypal to the small claims court. All of the people who were conned were paid back by myself as Paypal demanded the money back of me. Please help me if you can this is so depressing just before Christmas.
    It is nearly impossible to steal digital currencies unless you did something wrong.

Why is it Paypal's fault? They have no way to access your digital wallet with your LiteCoins.

You don't have any chance of winning because they did nothing wrong.

This is really devastating. I would definitely sue them too if I were on your shoes. But unfortunately, it's going to be hard to do that since they are online. You'd have to have a high power attorney which is probably going to cost you even more. This is too painful. I wish Paypal takes action!

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    It is nearly impossible to steal digital currencies unless you did something wrong.

Why is it Paypal's fault? They have no way to access your digital wallet with your LiteCoins.

You don't have any chance of winning because they did nothing wrong.
    I agree. It would be extremely difficult to prove that even did anything wrong here. You would probably end up losing money or even being counter-sued. I would just move on if I were you, unfortunately. :/

Hi,

I think you need to explain more on your situation. From my reading of your post, it would appear to me like somebody accessed your PAYPAL account and removed your funds from your PayPal account? Is this correct? If that is correct then it is 100% on PayPal to recover your losses and pay you back the money, since it is their security that failed and it is their promise to their customers to ensure that their money is kept safe at all times while it's in PayPals accounts.

If this was in fact a breach to your digital currencies such as LiteCoin, like a poster above believes, then unfortunately this is actually your fault. LiteCoin don't provide a customer guarantee to keep their coins safe, and they quite simply wouldn't be able to seeing as they don't have control over the LiteCoin base... it's a P2P network.

Please provide some more information so we can try to assist you further.