Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: False claim got me and my family banned

I'm sorry to hear that, It's sad that the suspension of one family member affects even the entirety of your family. You should file a dispute with paypal specially when you are innocent and show papers to support your side. If not, you should file complaint with your local government for damages maybe.

PayPal has been doing this to cover their own ass for as long as I can remember. I remember my Dad sent funds to an eBay seller that scammed him (and it was already a flagged account). They, in turn, banned my Dad for this and it took weeks for him to even regain his account. Shitty company if you ask me...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-86 View Post
    My account was banned for a false claim from a user from Russia. Since then PayPal has banned and limited mine, my girlfriends, my brother who does not live with me, my dad's and mom's. All of which no business was ever conducted on their accounts only 3 Payments each.
    Wow. That is indeed sad. I am sorry to hear. If it is that paypal finds it so easy to ban people's accounts, then it wouldn't be wise to use them as your online payment solution. Just find an alternative. Sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0xx1d View Post
    PayPal has been doing this to cover their own ass for as long as I can remember. I remember my Dad sent funds to an eBay seller that scammed him (and it was already a flagged account). They, in turn, banned my Dad for this and it took weeks for him to even regain his account. Shitty company if you ask me...
    Wow, this is a surprise to me. I didn't know one could regain one's account after it was banned. I guess it was just a temporary ban. I think paypal could have been more lenient however. Sometimes I think that's their way of using up the money in someone's account, knowing that there is an avalanche of other new users who are about to try out using paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    Wow, this is a surprise to me. I didn't know one could regain one's account after it was banned. I guess it was just a temporary ban. I think paypal could have been more lenient however. Sometimes I think that's their way of using up the money in someone's account, knowing that there is an avalanche of other new users who are about to try out using paypal.
    I dont mind them banning accoutns like this to protect other people. I mind them not correcting their errors in time. I mean they basically ban you for weeks/months and you are UNABLE to use your money. Inflation is not a high % but still if I deposited money 2 months ago now its worth less than it was. So basically PayPal is taking my moneys value from me by not reacting quickly enough.

Default PayPal Account Suspensions

It never occurred to me to see where PayPal is physically located, but I'll have to check it out. I don't understand how some company's can have such poor customer service and still remain in business. There are other sites like PayPal that are popping up more and more so it will be interesting to see how this could possibly affect their customer service in the future. I know that if there are a few company's offering the same type of service for basically the same cost or for free that my personal preference would be to choose the company with the best customer service!

This is something I have never heard of. I know that PayPal is all about security and one little idea that security might have been breached-look out. I just never knew they would stoop to this type of level. I wonder how they got you parents and brothers information? That is a good question to ask. This is especially true if they do not live with you.

Its odd that they managed to track down people that don't live with you and their accounts. Surely if they are just guessing at family members they would ban more innocent people than not?

Its sad that a company the size of paypal has no methods for disclosing family members and people living at the same address as you. Many online companies who only permit one account per address have ways around this so why don't paypal...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-86 View Post
    My account was banned for a false claim from a user from Russia. Since then PayPal has banned and limited mine, my girlfriends, my brother who does not live with me, my dad's and mom's. All of which no business was ever conducted on their accounts only 3 Payments each.
    Oh no. That's horrible. A similar sort of this happened to my friend.