Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: False claim got me and my family banned

Nick-86 Guest

Default False claim got me and my family banned

My account was banned for a false claim from a user from Russia. Since then PayPal has banned and limited mine, my girlfriends, my brother who does not live with me, my dad's and mom's. All of which no business was ever conducted on their accounts only 3 Payments each.

oscar Guest

when using paypal your family is guilty for just being your family. My brothers account was limited because it was linked to another account,previous tenant had a neg pp balance and they wanted my brother to pay since he lived at the same address and therefor it "must" be his account. He didn't pay, obviously, got limited until he pays, then I got my account limited and so did my live in girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-86 View Post
    My account was banned for a false claim from a user from Russia. Since then PayPal has banned and limited mine, my girlfriends, my brother who does not live with me, my dad's and mom's. All of which no business was ever conducted on their accounts only 3 Payments each.
    As Paypal sees it, if you send or receive money to/from these accounts, they could be other accounts you created, so they will not take the chance, and as such ban them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    As Paypal sees it, if you send or receive money to/from these accounts, they could be other accounts you created, so they will not take the chance, and as such ban them as well.
    This is true. I would try to get it settled with Paypal. They should be smarter than to accept the word of a Russian scammer.
    Just prove as much as you can and I think they will clear their error.

That is ridiculous! You would think that they would see that the claim was coming from a different company and to look into it more closely. That is a shame that they would do that to your family just because of one person's claim!

Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    That is ridiculous! You would think that they would see that the claim was coming from a different company and to look into it more closely. That is a shame that they would do that to your family just because of one person's claim!

Sadly there system is automated, and any connections that the one account had also gets affected as many people have stated, this is due to them thinking that the same person created all those account's. Call them and speak to a supervisor and explain to them the current issue and they will help fix this HOPEFULLY fix it.

Sadly there system is automated, and any connections that the one account had also gets affected as many people have stated, this is due to them thinking that the same person created all those account's.
    Just a reflection of the direction society is going. More automated and less personal.

PayPal should abandon their shitty automated system and actually care about their customers. I can't tell you how many times a damn robot has bumped me off of something for something I didn't even do. Just lousy.

Yikes...that's unfortunate.

I mean, I understand why it happens. SO MANY PEOPLE run scams and screw people over via PayPal. So I know that they have to be careful, but I think they should research things more thoroughly before they just limit and cancel accounts like that. It always makes me nervous that something will happen to my account, and you shouldn't have to feel that way.

I think it's partly a case of a bunch of bad apples messing things up for the rest of it, but I think PayPal could handle things differently as well.

I know that Paypal, like most other financial institutions, has certain laws they have to abide by when it comes to addressing the issue of financing illegal activities (such as terrorism, drug trade, etc., etc.) Anyway, if the tip they received had something to do with this type of activity, they are required by law to shut your account down...but I believe that they are supposed to investigate the claim. I don't know what their policies are, whether they have to investigate or whether it's just easier for them to shut it down and forget it, but if you have been a victim of this, maybe you can appeal to them. If not, get a different payment processor.