Thread: need paypal/ebay alternative quick

AndyRC Guest

Default need paypal/ebay alternative quick

suspended from ebay and paypal and I don't know why. Have huge inventory that I need to sell with no place to sell it. Please if anyone knows a good market place where I can sell my stuff (toy cars, RC toys etc) I would love to know. I don't feel like making hundreds of listings only to sell one or 2 items. Also it would have to be a site that does not require paypal. Thanks

/Andy

Unregistered Guest

what about amazon, ebid or even try to sell it off on craigs list wholesale at least to get some of your money back. You can also make your own website and sell them, pretty easy these days and there are cheap merchant accounts you can get so you don't have to deal with paypal.

I guess you could go to Amazon or Craigslist, and use a Paypal alternative called Alertpay, its alot like Paypal except it isn't as well known. They even accept debit cards during your verification process, unlike Paypal who only accepts credit cards or namebrand debit cards like Master Card or Visa.

Default Online Classified Sites

Like the others said Amazon and Craigslist are your best bets. You can also do a Google search for online classified sites. There are hundreds of them. I was posting a lot of ads on all the classified sites that I found for my online business and I couldn't believe how many there were. Ebay sucks for sure, all they want is to charge people fees for everything. I hope they go out of business in the future for treating everyone the way they do.

Amazon is the most comparable site to EBay as far as quantity and global reach. Amazon Payments is simar to Paypal, much cheaper fees and you can open and verify an account in about 5 minutes. I do know that they have an option for merchants to accept payments but I'm not sure of the details except you must provide some type of tax certificate to have a merchant account.

It is unfortunate that majority of the PTC and GpT websites only offer payouts to a Paypal account.

Default Craigslist

Craigslist is way better than Ebay! There are no fees whatsoever. The only fee you will ever have on Craigslist is if you are posting something in a big city like New York or San Francisco. You get your items a lot faster on Craigslist and you can pay with cash, no need for a credit card or PayPal. Just be careful who you deal with, there are a lot of scams and thieves on there. Always meet people at a public place for the exchange like McDonalds or Tim Hortons.

If you are a local company you could try a Facebook group in your area that sells things locally.

Like the two above had said it's either craigslist, a facebook group, and possibly amazon. If you use craigslist meet in public areas, if you do a facebook group it'll take alot of effort and such to get your name out. Or if you choose amazon, I'm not sure how easy it is to do but it's worth it if you really wanna sell.

Try to figure out why your accounts got suspended. If you know what went wrong, you might be able to start over on Ebay and Paypal.
    Contact both companies and they might be able to tell you why.