Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: paypal is harassing me for money

Now that is the problem of some buyers. Some might receive the goods but actually deny receiving them. You can track it using the shipping channel you used. Check to see if they actually arrived in Austria and if someone picked them up and who it was.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Shouldn't you be covered if you have the delivery receipt and proof that the delivery company has received the package? Why should you be held responsible if the customer did not receive the package since the delivery company is responsible for delivering it?

Quote Originally Posted by qbakkali View Post
    That;s why I love living in the middle east. I have a lot of friends that bought stuff online and never paid for it and the sellers send them emails to send them the money but they just ignore it. For example paypal would ask them to send the money as wiretransfer because their account in negative but they never do. They just stop using paypal and open another bank account and use a virtual CC. And paypal would never sue them cuz I don;t think someone would care in the middle east about a law sue haha
    So you are one of the people who cause so many problems for users here. You help kill small businesses and make Paypal what it is today. Hope you enjoy the sand, jerk.

Ignoring the problem won't make it go away. Unfortunately you have little choice but to stop doing business through paypal. Any funds that you put in your account from future sales will likely be taken by paypal.

To protect yourself only use a shipping method that can be tracked. It may mean a greater cost for shipping, but it will pay off in the end.

Sounds like qbakkali has some terrible friends. No wonder people get ripped off with Paypal so much. Obviously they make it really easy to rip off sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am pretty sure it is illegal for paypal to try to get funds from your bank account without your permission. I am a pretty similar situation where I was scammed by a 3rd party outside of paypal. I have looked hard in their terms of use and no where does it state that you give them permission to take funds from your linked bank account if you have a negative balance. They clearly state that they could send you to collections but just by using PayPal does not give them the right to try to take funds from your bank account even if you owe them money.
    I agree. They are not authorized to have access to funds within your bank account, even when you've actually connected your debit card. You may actually file a case against that. Or if you want, you can talk to your bank first and find out why that debit was done to your account. Your bank should be able to help you with that as well.

It sucks to know that this is going around on the Internet community. I guess we just need to be more careful with whom we trust with our money and products if there are any. I wonder how these scam-like situations are controlled?

Quote Originally Posted by LUKE-UP View Post
    I came across your site when I was trying to find some info on PayPal's power when it comes to collecting on dispute issues. I shipped some parts to a guy in Austria and he claims they never arrived. Despite my being able to document the parcel leaving the US, which is the extent of the shipping info anyone is capable of employing, they found in favor of the Austrian and now are harassing me for money. Should I be concerned if I ignore them and forego using PP from now on? Thanks
    I'm curious how Paypal could have known that the guy from Austria did not receive that parcel. It seems pretty difficult to do this. Did they say something regarding this? Maybe they had their reasons for not trusting you and trusting the other guy? Could you have given them reasons not to trust you?

Also, have you resolved this dispute? How?

I don't recommend ignoring the problem, although I'm quite sure what you SHOULD do. Obviously, it's not down to you to pay them when they're in the wrong but I'm afraid if you ignore them they'll only freeze your account and keep harassing you until they get their money.

Paypal actually can't legally take out funds from your bank account without your permission. The only time they could possibly do such a thing is when you're buying something online through paypal but have a zero paypal balance.