Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: paypal is harassing me for money

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LUKE-UP Guest

Default paypal is harassing me for money

I came across your site when I was trying to find some info on PayPal's power when it comes to collecting on dispute issues. I shipped some parts to a guy in Austria and he claims they never arrived. Despite my being able to document the parcel leaving the US, which is the extent of the shipping info anyone is capable of employing, they found in favor of the Austrian and now are harassing me for money. Should I be concerned if I ignore them and forego using PP from now on? Thanks

Unregistered Guest

I am basically in the same boat. Paypal debited money from my bank account and immediately called my bank and put a stop payment on it. Paypal will send you to collections so you need to weigh if its really worth it to go through the hassle. Good Luck

Unregistered Guest

I am pretty sure it is illegal for paypal to try to get funds from your bank account without your permission. I am a pretty similar situation where I was scammed by a 3rd party outside of paypal. I have looked hard in their terms of use and no where does it state that you give them permission to take funds from your linked bank account if you have a negative balance. They clearly state that they could send you to collections but just by using PayPal does not give them the right to try to take funds from your bank account even if you owe them money.

Unregistered Guest

Angry

Interesting to read your post that paypal has no right to take money out of your bank account. Well, PayPal kept taking money out of a closed bank account that I tried to remove from my PayPal account after I added the new account. Now payPal put me $ 1500.00 in the red with my old bank, and they do not care. I emailed them and they told me, that I need to remove it. So I logged in, and hello, my account was in the red and I could not remove it. Not sure why my account was in the red. \

I guess PAYPAL can do anything they want to to.

That;s why I love living in the middle east. I have a lot of friends that bought stuff online and never paid for it and the sellers send them emails to send them the money but they just ignore it. For example paypal would ask them to send the money as wiretransfer because their account in negative but they never do. They just stop using paypal and open another bank account and use a virtual CC. And paypal would never sue them cuz I don;t think someone would care in the middle east about a law sue haha

Quote Originally Posted by qbakkali View Post
    That;s why I love living in the middle east. I have a lot of friends that bought stuff online and never paid for it and the sellers send them emails to send them the money but they just ignore it. For example paypal would ask them to send the money as wiretransfer because their account in negative but they never do. They just stop using paypal and open another bank account and use a virtual CC. And paypal would never sue them cuz I don;t think someone would care in the middle east about a law sue haha
    That's not really a nice thing to do. Just basically the cause of all the problems people on this forum are experiencing.
    I hope Paypal doesn't let this go off unnoticed and sue those guys.

Dude honestly thats a pretty douche bag move. It's actually really childish. People like you cause the person who create this thread to deal with a loss in money.

That's just blatant theft.

However in the case of the user who started the thread he/she should contact their customer directly and work it out with them, providing them with the proof instead of having to deal with PayPal.

Well I assume you did the same thing too, and it's not only your "friends" that did it? But anyway, I think the OP should just pay the amount if he can afford it, since the collectors will be after him anyway.

So you are one of the people who cause so many problems for users here. You help kill small businesses and make Paypal what it is today. Hope you enjoy the sand, jerk.