Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop Paypal Phoning Me?

i hope it was a misunderstanding, being in the negative is scary, another suggestion is pick up and move!

Block their number if it is something you don't actually owe. If that doesn't work, call the police and claim harassment. I guarantee that will make them stop.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

When the ring, get the persons name firstly.

Then calmly tell that person,

"John, I am going to give you a warning now. If you or any of your colleagues continue to phone my number after I have asked you not to, I will be failing a claim for harassment"

However, the issue still remains that you owe them money. If they stop calling you they will pass your debt onto debt collectors and then these people will start.
    Last edited by rossonomous; 02-12-2014 at 03:43 AM.

Is there any way you can go onto your phone company's website and block the number? I have Verizon home phone and we can block up to 10 numbers. You just have to add it to the site or you give them a call and they will do it for you.

These things do happen when you are in debt. Even banks will do this as well. Somebody owes you money. It is only normal for you to want your money back. This is exactly what happens right now. If it is possible try to settle everything without them sending people to your place. It's bad for your reputation in banks as well. When you want to apply for loans at banks in the future, you have to have a clean record and owing money to someone will not give you a clean record.

As a few other users have commented, you're better off just blocking the number, if they try to ring with various numbers, record the conversations and threaten to file a harassment suit, whether you'd be in your right's I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem right constantly ringing you trying to convince you to sell things, it seems a bit shady if you ask me.

In the UK you should get 120 days to settle the debt. Unfortunately they will phone you almost everyday until you pay it as they did with me. I cant remember the details about the calls though. From what I remember some were automated calls....

Quote Originally Posted by AlexNye View Post
    Hello, i'm having a few issues with Paypal, i won't bore you with the details but basically i've been treated very unfairly and my account is now -800

Paypal keep phoning my house phone and my mobile, and usually it's a very irate irish chap i'm speaking to trying to convince me to sell things, take out bank loans to bring my balance back up to 0.

Is there an address i can write to to stop phoning me?

Thanks in advance.
    Your best bet is to get your Cell phone company to block the number or do it manually on your smart phone if you use one, you can also contact the authorities and get a cease and decist order filed against them.

This is a job for your phone company. Though it also depends on your situation. theres some good advice in this thread so don't ignore it

I had no idea Paypal phoned people up about things like this but I guess they would do if your account is in the negative. The best thing to do is to solve the negative issue and they should leave you alone.