Thread: Funds on hold then permanently froze

Default Funds on hold then permanently froze

hello
    I was a new member of paypal I had to wait 31 days to receive any funds come the 31st day they claimed me a verified seller I was so happy that I could access all my funds and process them to my account right away as I hadn't had any money for over a month , the minute I became verified paypal sent me an email telling me I am a threat and an excessive risk doing business with them WHY HOW ?? they haven't given me any reason and continue to send me a copy and paste standard letter from there legal team not providing any information as to why they have permanently froze my account and are holding on to funds over $1000 for 180 days which is 6 months I have never heard of anything so ridiculous im truly upset as I am a good seller with allot of positive feedback im honest and truthful and my clients are disappointed I don't no what to do please help me

Have you tried to contact Paypal? I seriously think you should give them a ring, but this seems to be the generally treatment of new sellers, especially those that utilize Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by koheidi View Post
    hello
    I was a new member of paypal I had to wait 31 days to receive any funds come the 31st day they claimed me a verified seller I was so happy that I could access all my funds and process them to my account right away as I hadn't had any money for over a month , the minute I became verified paypal sent me an email telling me I am a threat and an excessive risk doing business with them WHY HOW ?? they haven't given me any reason and continue to send me a copy and paste standard letter from there legal team not providing any information as to why they have permanently froze my account and are holding on to funds over $1000 for 180 days which is 6 months I have never heard of anything so ridiculous im truly upset as I am a good seller with allot of positive feedback im honest and truthful and my clients are disappointed I don't no what to do please help me
    Chances are they think you're selling something that could be fraudulent or something similar?

Although they're pretty poor, Paypal generally won't just do this for no reason. Maybe the payments are coming from dodgy countries or something like that too.

What country do you live in? What goods are you selling?

I know a lot of people get an email like this when they live in countries with higher scammer activities. Also selling consumer electronics a lot is likely to raise a red flag because they know a lot of items are stolen and then sold online.

Besides what the other posters wrote, have you had any problems with your recent buyers/customers? Its a pretty weird situation, you should continue to try to get a PayPal representative to talk to you and clarify the situation then write to us and maybe we can help if the representative doesnt solve the problem!

You should definitely try to contact paypal and prove to them that all those thousands of dollars are real money and not fraudulent ones. You might have to send proof and transactions that you dealt with in order to free yourself from a hint of fraud.