Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: contacting paypal its like going thru a maze

Quote Originally Posted by Kteabc View Post
    Google "get a human", I think the site is gethuman.com. Then search for Paypal once you are on the site. It tells you exactly what to do to get past the prompts or IVR (interactive voice response) to actually speak to a human. It also has the phone numbers for many different countries.
    This site was where I got the phone number for paypal and how to talk to a agent. I can vouch and testify for this! Good luck with everything though.

Default PayPal Maze

For those who are having difficulty logging in to your account, I'm just wondering if you've tried using a different Web browser or clearing the cookies in the browser that you're using.

I have a fairly newer desktop and laptop that I keep very cleaned out and I've never had any problem logging in to PayPal or anywhere else, so depending on your computer and/or the browser that you're using it could possibly be your PC, Smartphone, or the browser that you're using as far as being able to log in.

If you think it might just be your PayPal password did you try resetting it?

I only use Paypal because some of my clients pay me this way, when I purchase things online I don't bother with PayPal. I tend to use Payza or my Visa card.
    [url]http://jobsforfiveeuros.com/[/url]

Whoa, I didnt know it's that hard to use Paypal sometimes. I have Paypal for 2 years now but I only use it to get paid but I seldom use it for purchases.

The key is to just never give up, I know it will feel like you're on the phone for hours, but if its really important you should definitely not give up.

I agree, they're exceptionally bad at contacting for service. Whatever you do, calling is still the best option since it's the most likely one to actually deliver results. If you get lucky and end up with a service representative who is knowledgeable enough and supportive, it might be worth the time investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    at least with a maze there is a way out, not always the case with paypal
    I agree completely. I can't understand a company that thrives from the frustration of it's consumers. It's almost like they purposely run you through circles so that you never get to where you want/need to be, ensuring that your questions never get answered, your issue never gets resolved, and your hair is thoroughly pulled out, and maybe, just maybe, if you're lucky, by some stroke of insanity, all of a sudden POOF the issue is just fixed.

There were a couple of times that I called them for customer service and the number they gave me wasn't even for customer service!

I went to their web site to look for the number for support and when I called I got this automated voice telling me the next available support agent would be with me shortly but in the meantime they tried to offer me some vacation deal and I had to manually decline it. The whole ordeal took several declines because the prerecorded call kept countering with even more offers that I had to decline as well.

Finally at the very end of the call, they tell me to call *another number* to speak to support! In other words, that wasn't even the correct number!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kteabc View Post
    Google "get a human", I think the site is gethuman.com. Then search for Paypal once you are on the site. It tells you exactly what to do to get past the prompts or IVR (interactive voice response) to actually speak to a human. It also has the phone numbers for many different countries.
    That is so cool! I didn't even know that the site existed! I will definitely use that site the next time I'm having trouble talking to a representative.

Yeah it is extremely difficult to talk to an actual representative, this is true for most big businesses. They do this because on the off chance that you hang up than they don't have to deal with you, often times I've been on hold for more than an hour and then been hung up on. Once you get to a actual person, ask to speak to their manager if at all possible. The managers don't want to deal with you and will likely just do what you want. Best of luck!