Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: contacting paypal its like going thru a maze

Emma Guest

Default contacting paypal its like going thru a maze

I only use Paypal for some purchases online.
    I've asked for the English version since I don't read Thai, but they keep insisting on using the Thai page for the 1st checkout process, without any English option until I randomly hit some Thai language keys n get to the 2nd or 3rd page before I see the English option. Apart from that I get mangled translations. The latest is that they have rejected my latest purchase bec I exceeded my spending limit of 82,000 British Pounds or Thai Bht ( they couldn't decide which so they put both currencies. There is a huge currency differential between the two). When I try to contact them its like going thru a maze. They keep sending computer generated emails saying they will not respond to my emails until I go thru the process of logging in. etc. I don't remember my password anymore bec I try my best not to use them, unless I really want to buy an item n there is no other form of payment. I just don't have the time to go thru the longwinded process of sending them an email, that they'll deign to read. I'll just have to set aside some free time to do that when I have nothing else to do which will be never

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I only use Paypal for some purchases online.
    I've asked for the English version since I don't read Thai, but they keep insisting on using the Thai page for the 1st checkout process, without any English option until I randomly hit some Thai language keys n get to the 2nd or 3rd page before I see the English option. Apart from that I get mangled translations. The latest is that they have rejected my latest purchase bec I exceeded my spending limit of 82,000 British Pounds or Thai Bht ( they couldn't decide which so they put both currencies. There is a huge currency differential between the two). When I try to contact them its like going thru a maze. They keep sending computer generated emails saying they will not respond to my emails until I go thru the process of logging in. etc. I don't remember my password anymore bec I try my best not to use them, unless I really want to buy an item n there is no other form of payment. I just don't have the time to go thru the longwinded process of sending them an email, that they'll deign to read. I'll just have to set aside some free time to do that when I have nothing else to do which will be never
    at least with a maze there is a way out, not always the case with paypal

Unregistered Guest

I had an account several years ago, they locked it and I can not access it at all, but they have my banking info still in it. I thought to open an new account on a new e-mail, but made the mistake of sing a credit card they had, and they locked the new one too. Their whole website is infinite loops that never lead to resolution. Help?

Rodge Guest

I have been a member with Pay Pal a number of years an now I can't sign in I getting ole and do good to remember my name but I've used the same stuff for all those years and now can't get on, you got to be kidding. And no one to help me with this when I call.

ErnieYoung Guest

My Paypal account is frozen and I need to rest my password. I also need to add new bank information. But I cannot do any of this until I reset my password, which the site won't allow me to do. I've sent 4 e-mails to Paypal customer service and have not heard back. I give up!

I can't count the number of times I had to think of every trick in the book to get Paypal to do what I wanted. Someone could right a book on all the different ways you can try to have things work I your favor.

I think over the years PayPal if they had a good team they should have by now improved their customer service. Personally it could help if they had a live help feature that you can chat with the customer care staff. Writing emails and waiting for over 24 hours is not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    I think over the years PayPal if they had a good team they should have by now improved their customer service. Personally it could help if they had a live help feature that you can chat with the customer care staff. Writing emails and waiting for over 24 hours is not ideal.
    They have a phone number that you can call and have live support there. I've hard both american people and indian people on the phone. They seem to have a more outsourced staff.

Having to contact Paypal customer service is a nightmare. I have had to contact them a few times and, like many other larger companies, I was stuck talking to someone who didn't speak English as their first language. After we got through the language barrier issue, I found that it's just nearly impossible to get your point across. They just want to read the information in front of them rather than listen to you and help you get to the bottom of your problem...Just a total nightmare.

Google "get a human", I think the site is gethuman.com. Then search for Paypal once you are on the site. It tells you exactly what to do to get past the prompts or IVR (interactive voice response) to actually speak to a human. It also has the phone numbers for many different countries.