Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen debit card number used

Marianne Guest

Default Stolen debit card number used

Hello!
    I just got off the phone with PayPal to let them know about someone stealing my debit card number and using it through their site for four different transactions totaling almost $400.00. They search their database and have no record of it! How is that even possible????
    The local police, my bank, and MasterCard are all going to work with me but PayPal has no clue! So much for them being this safety net for consumers against fraud! What a joke!

Monica Guest

I am amazed you even got through to speak to someone over at Paypal, that is an accomplishment in itself. And no they won't help you so you did the right thing with contacting your bank and mastercard.

Unfortunately Paypal of course would not care about this situation because they are getting paid from it. If it was there money being stolen, they would have a different approach to this.

Default PayPal Won't Help You

Just work with the police and your bank to find out who's using your card for these transactions. They will be able to provide you with all the proof that you need. Then explain to them how PayPal isn't doing anything for you to get your money back and you might be able to get an attorney and take them to court for your finds that were taken and for damages. Keep strong and fight the good fight!

Quote Originally Posted by nowicki2013 View Post
    Just work with the police and your bank to find out who's using your card for these transactions. They will be able to provide you with all the proof that you need. Then explain to them how PayPal isn't doing anything for you to get your money back and you might be able to get an attorney and take them to court for your finds that were taken and for damages. Keep strong and fight the good fight!
    Listen to this guy, paypal will not work with you for anything and it's just going to be easier to work with the police and such compared to fighting with people over paypal. And also like this guy said take them to court.

Don't forget to put a fraud alert on your credit report. This will keep people from opening up credit cards in your name. Time to work with your credit card company to get this refunded.

Isn't there a history you can see online? I get an email every time my debit card is used. Don't you still have the emails? I would definitely fight it, and you should have enough evidence to support your case.

If you were able to discover that you are missing money from your account, I am assuming that you have some proof of that. Stay in touch with the police and your bank and provide them with any documentation you can. The customer service people you talk to on the phone are usually clueless. You may have to be pushy in order for the fraud investigators at PayPal to help research the charges.

I hope Mastercard and the bank and such can help you! That's horrible that PayPal won't help!

Have you gone to your bank and issued chargebacks on all the transactions?
    Youtube views: Quick, easy and free!
    [url]http://downloadsafe.org/file/04c8d7[/url]