Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is happening to eBay?

Default Should of Asked First Before Buying

The first thing you should of done is look for the shipping costs in the auction, if it wasnt there, then you email the seller and dont buy anything until you get it writing. If the shipping rate was there, then he has to ship the product out regardless.

What you did wrong is contact eBay, thats why you got shut down. What you should of done was open a dispute with PayPal and claim non receipt of merchandise. Then the funds are on hold, the seller has to prove via tracking they shipped it out.

If PayPal gives you more BS, then file a dispute with your credit card company. You get your money back immediately (temporary credit) PayPal gets the money taken away from them, PayPal has to get documentation from the seller, if not, its the sllers account thats on negative not yours.

And next time $1500 from China on EBay??? Come one now!

That sounds ridiculous! I haven't used eBay in years. They suspended my account because I refused to pay a fee that was more than what I sold my car for on there. It is a long story. Anyway, their policies seems to get more and more ridiculous as time goes on!

Default Ebay's Trend

Someone mentioned ebay "cleaning house," and that seems to be the trend with ebay. A close look at ebay shows that those who typically succeed in making dollars on a large scale through ebay are those who set up big stores and those who write to sell (whether or not what they say is accurate). Misleading pictures and misleading words help sellers make big dollars on ebay, so ebay seems to perform periodic house cleanings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 3490 View Post
    Ebay has today stopped my partners account after years of trading and thousands of positive feedback with 99.5 positive rating because she had one month of below standard dsr's and the two latest with barely any dsr's and clearly improving and working with ebay to improve listings, the customer support team are even shocked that the trust and safety team have made this decision and disagree with their decision! What is going on with ebay ?!
    E-bay is a scam website that disguises itself to be legitimate, it has even bought paypal so, that just explains a lot to me personally.

ebay sent me an email that the seller requirements are changing in August to supposedly give sellers a grace period to bring their scores up.
    The requirements are still really freaking strict. You have a very small margin allowed for mistakes and 98 percent of your transactions have to be perfect.
    They call the mistakes sellers make "defects" and it only takes 8 incidents to put you in danger of losing your account.
    If you sell a lot of items, it's easy to have 8 bad transactions out of hundreds and lose everything.

There is a lot of abuse on eBay so it is important to represent the items you are selling as accurately as possible. There are many good sellers out there and eBay is trying to keep it that way. My guess is that if you were suspended, you did not follow some rules. You should get in touch with eBay for the specific reasons. It is hard to tell you why you were suspended without proper knowledge of the events leading to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ebay seems to be cleaning house and suspending thousands of longtime users for no reason, I was among the 15,000 that was chopped last month. Not sure what they are up to but I don't tryst them anymore that's for sure.
    This is true. Maybe they have some new polices that they have put in place. I will have to check the terms of service again, because they have the right to change it at anytime without notice.
    It's just business!

What reason could they have for doing this? Every few months eBay seems to be trying to bring in new buyers by offering some free listings and no charges for first time sellers.. and yet they take measures to try to cull so many sellers who have actually made some sales and have history and made eBay money. It just seems senseless.

Quote Originally Posted by spc97t View Post
    Someone mentioned ebay "cleaning house," and that seems to be the trend with ebay. A close look at ebay shows that those who typically succeed in making dollars on a large scale through ebay are those who set up big stores and those who write to sell (whether or not what they say is accurate). Misleading pictures and misleading words help sellers make big dollars on ebay, so ebay seems to perform periodic house cleanings.
    Where are these "big dollars" that you speak of? eBay rapes sellers on listing fees and Final Value Fees and then Paypal takes a chunk of the payment.
    Small sellers like me barely make a profit after all the fees.
    Someone is making big dollars, all right, but it's eBay and Paypal, not the sellers.

I am not sure why is that happening. Also one of my friend's account was suspended and later on deleted. He has tried to contact them but with no chance.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]