Thread: Paypal is denying transaction happened

gonsalez Guest

Default Paypal is denying transaction happened

I have bought an item from eBay through PayPal since
    I didn't receive the item I filed a complaint in the resolution desk but I received a message saying the transaction didn't take place through pay pal and Can not be covered under ebay protection
    I have bank statement proof proving that transaction took place through PayPal

Nils Guest

exact same thing happened to me and I also had the transaction documented on my bank statements but still to this day paypal denies that the transaction ever took place and $125 of mine vanished. Never got it back because there was no "paypal record" of the transaction, well how damn convenient for them.

Exclamation

The only thing I can think of is to take them to court. If you have a bank statement PROVING this, and they still will not give you your money back, then take them to a civilian court, and get it all back (you might even receive a little extra from them for all of the trouble). PayPal are useless, and will try every trick in the book to get money from you.

Contact your bank and get them to chargeback. This should work and if paypal still deny it then you can take it further. I'm not sure how this would play out in a small claims court but I'm sure if you threaten it and provide them with proof the transaction occurred then they may pay up.

Provide them with the bank statement if you want to get this resolved.
    I think this could be 2 things:
    1) You put in your payment details in a scam site that looked LIKE Paypal. If this is the case, change your password immediately because hell is about to break loose.
    2) You read their reply wrong and it just means they didn't offer any coverage on the payment.

The transaction history must be in your account, so all you have to do is go to the transactions page screen grab it and email it to Paypal as proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Provide them with the bank statement if you want to get this resolved.
    I think this could be 2 things:
    1) You put in your payment details in a scam site that looked LIKE Paypal. If this is the case, change your password immediately because hell is about to break loose.
    2) You read their reply wrong and it just means they didn't offer any coverage on the payment.
    Listen to this.. I've seen MANY fake paypal sites growing and the scams are ridiculous.

You could have been tricked into using a Phishing Website, always be careful about these.

Make sure you ALWAYS login via PayPal.com and do NOT log in through emails, just to be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Moji View Post
    You could have been tricked into using a Phishing Website, always be careful about these.

Make sure you ALWAYS login via PayPal.com and do NOT log in through emails, just to be safe!
    This could be the case, how did you come about getting to the paypal website? Through email or through ebay or some other link?

I feel for you. E-bay is a scam website that has a lot of resources to scam people either those loyal to them or those who shop online for the first time. It's a matter of scoring bucks for them and their revenue which is pretty bad business if you ask me.