Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: was forced to close account because of Paypal fraud

Wow, I am so sorry this happened to you. I can not say that I am surprised though, clearly they do not care about you being a customer for that many years and unfortunately it is sad. Anyone and everyone will do whatever they can to make a quick buck on some one else's expense. Sad really.

That is terrible. Contact customer service and get in touch with a representative quickly! That is some bulls***! Hopefully you get it straightened out.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

That is just crazy, try calling them and speaking to a manger. People are becoming thieves and it is making me angry. This is what happens when people are given leeway online with buying and selling ,they do whatever they can to help themselves. Did you at least get your money back though? Best of luck

It is your fauly. you were not smart about the way you handled you account. You never use actual credit cards for your Paypal account. You are suppose to use prepaid debit cards to avoid issues like you described. Also. You never use your main bank account with Paypal either. You should use your debit cards routing number as your baking information. That way you will avoid all of this mess.
    It's just business!

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    A buyer opened a dispute days after funds were transferred and then sent to my checking account. The dispute was erroneous and I Was correct, but PayPal actually charged my credit card for $368 which I never authorized. Tried to contact eBay and PayPal multiple times, just got a lot of reading from a script and I ended up filing fraudulent charge with my bank and cancelling my 15 year old eBay and PayPal accounts.
    Sorry to hear that we see alot of this happening, especially for independent merchants, and not to the large online businesses...

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    A buyer opened a dispute days after funds were transferred and then sent to my checking account. The dispute was erroneous and I Was correct, but PayPal actually charged my credit card for $368 which I never authorized. Tried to contact eBay and PayPal multiple times, just got a lot of reading from a script and I ended up filing fraudulent charge with my bank and cancelling my 15 year old eBay and PayPal accounts.

How did that turn out for you, if that is you managed to be able to sort out the problem at hand.

Since you mentioned Paypal charged you through credit card, you should be able to rectify this issue by calling your bank. Tell them that you have been charged without your authorization and file a chargeback for the fees that Paypal charged you. Your bank will cancel the charge and you will not lose any money.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. Keep trying to contact them. I know it's frustrating and seems like a waste of time but you will get through to someone eventually.

I am sad that you have to close down a 15 years old account due to this. It is true that PayPal treats its customers badly whether they are loyal or not. It is time for you now to check PayPal alternatives and find one which suits you best.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Customer loyalty means nothing for ebay and Paypal, I was with them for over 12 years when they decided to put a 21 day hold on ALL incoming payments. That doesn't work for me or most people selling on eBay. I have since found other ways to sell my stuff and with a lot less hassle
    They did that to me a couple of weeks ago and I've been with eBay a while too.
    Did your Detailed Seller Rating fall below standard in any of the 4 categories?
    If you fall below standard, it doesn't matter how long you've been an eBay seller, you'll lose privileges like instant access to funds and invitations to free listing events until you get your ratings back above standard on the next evaluation. I feel like I've been slapped because it only took 4 low scores on shipping speed out of a couple of hundred good ratings to get me the "below standard" rating.