Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: was forced to close account because of Paypal fraud

Nolan Guest

Default was forced to close account because of Paypal fraud

A buyer opened a dispute days after funds were transferred and then sent to my checking account. The dispute was erroneous and I Was correct, but PayPal actually charged my credit card for $368 which I never authorized. Tried to contact eBay and PayPal multiple times, just got a lot of reading from a script and I ended up filing fraudulent charge with my bank and cancelling my 15 year old eBay and PayPal accounts.

Unregistered Guest

Customer loyalty means nothing for ebay and Paypal, I was with them for over 12 years when they decided to put a 21 day hold on ALL incoming payments. That doesn't work for me or most people selling on eBay. I have since found other ways to sell my stuff and with a lot less hassle

Unregistered Guest

It is so sad whats be come of paypal and ebay, a few years ago it was the best now it is like a mind field and you got to cross your fingers and hope to not get ripped off.

By a lot of the stories I've read on here, Paypal seems to side with the buyer despite any proof immediately about 90% of the time. I think there has to be a system so they are unable just to yank funds out of your account without you authorizing it and going through the proper channels of checking out the claim since so many people will get the item and then try to get their money back.

This is horrible news. I hope you tried contacting them because maybe all of this can be resolved ?

Have you contacted your bank and issue a chargeback from your Credit Card? These kind of stories are one of the reasons that I still have not linked my bank account with my PayPal account. It is supposed to make our lives easier, but it seems to just going to hurt you in the future.
    I am sorry for your loss and hopefully you could resolve your issue even if it means suing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Customer loyalty means nothing for ebay and Paypal, I was with them for over 12 years when they decided to put a 21 day hold on ALL incoming payments. That doesn't work for me or most people selling on eBay. I have since found other ways to sell my stuff and with a lot less hassle
    Did they at least tell you what is their reason for putting the on-hold for your account? I think it is very irresponsible if they just leave you clueless with exactly why your account got limited. Did they sent you a notification, email, or personally call you?

Wow. They actually got money from you without your authority or permission. You should have closed you account the moment the buyer filed a dispute against you. You might try filing a suit against both the buyer and paypal and try to recover your money plus damages for usurpation of your authority. You should also complain your credit card company since they authorized the payment of paypal without your consent.

That's very strange. You should have tried calling them again because I would think they would want to resolve this. Did it say in your PayPal account why this money was charged?

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    That's very strange. You should have tried calling them again because I would think they would want to resolve this. Did it say in your PayPal account why this money was charged?
    Same should of tried when calling them pressing 0 or pound they help you get a customer service representative fast.