Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I have to have a website?

Montey Guest

Default Do I have to have a website?

was looking to get an online merchant account but does anyone know if you have to have a website to get an online merchant account? I don't have a website but it would just be easier for me to use a virtual terminal vs. a retail terminal.

Thanks,
    Montey

Unregistered Guest

You don't need a website to have a virtual terminal, I use my virtual terminal mostly for the mobile app and to email invoices but I guess that could depend who you get your account with so you should double check

Steven Guest

I use my virtual terminal for phone sales. Get the card information from the customer over the phone and the manually enter that information in to my virtual terminal. But like the previous poster said; double check with the company you sign up with is a website is required.

Unregistered Guest

you can use a virtual terminal with a card reader as well, they just plug in to your USB port.

Unregistered Guest

every company has different requirements and restrictions so it's hard to tell.

What kind of merchant account? Paypal? MerchantInc?

I know Paypal doesn't need you to have a website.

But it depends on the service, really. So maybe if you could tell us what service you are planning on using, we can better help you.

Look into getting the creditcard swipe that connects to your cell phone.
    Paypal has one. You also need to switch from a personal account to one of the business account types.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by paytalk View Post
    Look into getting the creditcard swipe that connects to your cell phone.
    Paypal has one. You also need to switch from a personal account to one of the business account types.
    Agreed. It's called Square. I used to have it when I sold tshirts and it increased my sales TREMENDOUSLY. You can find more information about Square here: [url]https://squareup.com/[/url]

Not necessarily, depending on what sorts of transactions you'll be using your account for, I know Paypal doesn't need you to have website, because they take into account things like business don over the phone, so no you don't need a website...

You do not have to have a website or a cell phone. You can get a terminal (machines your card is swiped in) from a local CC Merchant rep or through a local bank. The CC never has to be present to be processed for payments, you can manually type in the information but this would cost you more in fees. The more information you enter in a manual transaction the smaller the fee. You would need to use an online verification website to verify customer info depending on your local laws.