Thread: Paypal and Ebay are no help

Unregistered Guest

Default Paypal and Ebay are no help

I too have just fallen victim to Paypal and Ebay for a second time.
    We do a lot of service for several property management company’s and a lot of times we are asked to clean out spaces and remove items.
    A lot of times we toss items into the trash but sometimes we find items worth selling. This last time we sold a phone system on ebay. The item was described in the auction as “Used, left behind by a customer with the notes on the system configuration” we plugged it in and it powered on and pictured the unit powered up in the auction. We stated the system was selling as is and with no returns. The item shipped packaged extremely well and had no damage in any way shape or form.
    The buyer immediately opened a case within an hour after receiving it and my funds are frozen. I replied to the buyer that if the package was damaged we need to get USPS involved and then got no response.
    Ebay and Paypal are less than helpful, similar items like the one we sold are selling for thousands of dollars. We sold the unit for $500 and trust me it was not worth it! it’s impossible to know if the unit was damaged as the buyer is not willing to communicate and he is selling so many of the items I sold him who knows if he is already re-selling what he claims was damaged. I called Ebay and they transferred me to Paypal and then transferred me back to Ebay with no resolution. I was instructed by Ebay just to let the case time out at 30 days. But what is stopping the buyer from putting a stop if he paid by CC. the bottom line is this buyer is going to end up with my product and I am SOL.
    Ebay told me not to escalate the case as I have a 50/50 chance of losing, then told me I have a 50/50 chance of losing after 30 days.
    Any help or feedback would be helpful.

Unregistered Guest

I don't know what to tell you other then good luck because you are gong to need it, ebay/paypal mostly side with buyers and sellers get left up a creek without a paddle.

At least this wasn't something that you paid for but it still sucks.