Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One false neg. feedback and it was all over for me

That is a crock of crap that one bad review can take so much away from you. The only thing I can suggest it to take this as a learning opportunity and not to trust Paypal, especially as a bank account. Sorry this happened to you and that Paypal can do this to you.

eBay doesn't read every single feedback, they have a bot called Cassini that crawls feedback keywords to decide your items' search rankings in Best Match.
    It's possible that the bot saw the word "counterfeit" and you were automatically suspended. You should try to speak to a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Martha View Post
    I was a successful seller of Sports Jerseys on Ebay. I had all but one positive feedback. The one negative feedback I got was from someone who decided to say I was selling fake jerseys just for their enjoyment. In result to that, not only did my Ebay get suspended but also Paypal suspended my account and held my hard earned money for 6 months! I was devestated because I was saving up for my trip to Mexico in 3 weeks and now I can't even go
    Did they even contact you before closing your account? If they did not, I think that's really unfair. Everyone is entitled to due process and it's not good that they didn't even take your side and just took action against you right away.

So they put your money on hold but did you finally get it after 6 months? I wonder how Paypal can actually do these types of things. It looks really unfair.

I would investigate the buyer that left you a negative. Are they possibly a competitor? Look at their feedback history. Do they often leave negative and/or inappropriate feedback? You can get ebay involved and the negative removed if any of these are the case. In turn, maybe paypal would reverse their stance on your account.

This is very sad. Is there any way you can get in touch with the one who commented you negative? Maybe you can provide sample of your jersey to PayPal and eBay representatives?

It sucks that someone left that feedback when it obviously wasn't true but why on earth did you leave your money in your paypal account instead of withdrawing it to your bank? You should definitely avoid leaving money with paypal no matter how much the amount.

Wow, this is insane? From one feedback message?!? Anyone can write anything in feedback, they should know there are trolls as well as rival sellers who can lie on those things.
    And also, I've seen plenty of shops on ebay with knockoff material and things that are clearly copyrighted that they're using, sometimes even labelled to be under the big name brand when they're not, and they don't get taken down just because they're huge on ebay.
    You need to dispute this with them.

I think buyers are ones that make transacting business on eBay become so hard. They should offer the seller protection policy also. Only the buyer is protected and if they file a complain they are the ones who are considered first.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

This seems really harsh. Do you have any way of proving that your jerseys weren't counterfeit. If you do, you should fight this, it seems really unfair for you to be punished for another person's lies.

One negative feeback score on eBay should not result in the suspension of your PayPal account, is there more to the story?