Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One false neg. feedback and it was all over for me

Martha Guest

Default One false neg. feedback and it was all over for me

I was a successful seller of Sports Jerseys on Ebay. I had all but one positive feedback. The one negative feedback I got was from someone who decided to say I was selling fake jerseys just for their enjoyment. In result to that, not only did my Ebay get suspended but also Paypal suspended my account and held my hard earned money for 6 months! I was devestated because I was saving up for my trip to Mexico in 3 weeks and now I can't even go

Quote Originally Posted by Martha View Post
    I was a successful seller of Sports Jerseys on Ebay. I had all but one positive feedback. The one negative feedback I got was from someone who decided to say I was selling fake jerseys just for their enjoyment. In result to that, not only did my Ebay get suspended but also Paypal suspended my account and held my hard earned money for 6 months! I was devestated because I was saving up for my trip to Mexico in 3 weeks and now I can't even go
    I'm sorry this happened to you but I just have to ask - WHY IN THE HELL WERE YOU USING PAYPAL AS A BANK AND NOT DEPOSITING THE FUNDS INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT?

I think it's wrong that they have held your money over one person's negative feedback. How can they both suspend your accounts? Did they say if they are going to get to the bottom of this or are they just going to hope it dies down? It's really unfortunate that this happened to you and I hope you do get your money.

What on Earth? Why would they do that. People get a negative here and there, justified or not, but that is terrible that they would hold all of your funds. Are they going to give it back?

Quote Originally Posted by Martha View Post
    How much money did your account contain? If it was a substantial amount then I would suggest looking for an attorney. So what did PayPal tell you and what have been your actions so far?

To be fair, leaving all your earnings on a PayPal account isn't always the best idea, but this really does suck :/

First, Ebay and Paypal are against counterfeit goods. I don't know the deal about sports jerseys (you see them everywhere, I don't think there is one real manufacturer for them?). Maybe Ebay thought the jerseys were counterfeit and you were running an illegal operation. In this case, they closed your account and notified Paypal which did the same.

I would get in contact with both companies and try to get them to understand jerseys aren't counterfeit. And also, don't keep a large amount of money in your Paypal account. It's never safe.

Even though Paypal should do follow ups before they just ban and put a hold on someone's lively hood, I place the blame squarely at the feet of that a-hole that gave you a negative feedback.

This is a horrible story! I'm so sorry you won't be able to make your trip to Mexico. But I do have to agree with what a couple of people stated above. Never, EVER leave your earnings in paypal. Every time I earn something- whether it be $10.00 or $100.00 I immediately go to a mac machine and withdraw my money with my paypal card. I do hope this issue gets resolved for you and not all is lost.

As far as selling fake jersey's ...I'm a huge football fan and know that I hate being duped when purchasing sports gear. What type were you selling? Where did you get them from? Maybe there is a bigger issue here and maybe you weren't aware they were fake, but the person providing them to you knew. You just never know. But one unfair rating should not have gotten you all this trouble in my opinion.

Hope it all works out!

Oh no; I am so sorry that happened. Can you perhaps prove to eBay and Paypal that your jerseys are not counterfeit! If you have a substantial amount of money in your account, I definitely think you should hire an attorney to help you get all of your money out. Although that might not be much consolation with your account closed and your business screwed up, at least then you will have your cash.