Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Credit or Debit Card Gifting Scam / Loophole

I would call the credit card company and complain if the card is being used without permission I can understand how that can be a problem, but if ANYONE has all of your credit card information they can use it anywhere online to scam you. It is horrible that people would do that, but that should be a red flag if someone has added a credit card that isn't theirs to a Paypal account.

Quote Originally Posted by watchoutforPP View Post
    It is completely wrong that someone can put credit or debit card details from cards which are not their own into a PayPal account and gift it to another account which they can get the money from. This is a scam loophole. If the genuine card holder phones PayPal they say they can only speak to the owner of the PayPal account even if it is not their card being used on the PayPal account!!
    That is incredibly dodgy, I would love to know how on earth they get away with half the stuff that they do, rich or not these are livelihoods that they are messing with.

Well that's why you should call your credit card company to be able to block your card, since for sure if that person is unscrupulous, then that person will definitely steal your card and use if for his own gain.

Quote Originally Posted by watchoutforPP View Post
    It is completely wrong that someone can put credit or debit card details from cards which are not their own into a PayPal account and gift it to another account which they can get the money from. This is a scam loophole. If the genuine card holder phones PayPal they say they can only speak to the owner of the PayPal account even if it is not their card being used on the PayPal account!!
    Yes. Scam all over again. I don't know why this is being allowed and tolerated. Well it just goes to show money makes the world go round.

This is definitely shady. I would freak out if anyone used my credit/debit card information! No way.

I didn't even know this scam existed. Thanks for letting me know so that I can protect myself and my loved ones. I've gotten a BUNCH of gift cards too, so that scares me a lot.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

I didnt even realize this could happen! There are loopholes?! How are they still in buisness!

Is this for real? I had no idea. Sounds pretty shady to me.