Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it or is it not possible to get paid on ebay without using paypal?

Kemper Guest

Default Is it or is it not possible to get paid on ebay without using paypal?

Is it or is it not possible to get paid on ebay without using paypal? Some people tell me you can and others say you can't. Ebay said i have to use paypal. I just want to know the right answer for sure.

Unregistered Guest

In the US you can sell on eBay without having a paypal account but I think the rest of the ebay world will require you to have a paypal account if you are using eBay outside the US.
    If you so an online serch for ebay compatible merchant account you will fund many alternatives to paypal and most of them are a lot safer and better then paypal. It is very hard to be worse then paypal.

Unregistered Guest

i was hacked and instead of fixing the problem they called me a liability and closed my account. did i mention i have a ebay business and now can't get paid. I am going to try to find a merchant accounts that works with ebay

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i was hacked and instead of fixing the problem they called me a liability and closed my account. did i mention i have a ebay business and now can't get paid. I am going to try to find a merchant accounts that works with ebay
    try free-merchant.com it works with ebay, not free but really cheap for a merchant account.

KRILL Guest

Yes it is possible and sellers need to realize this and ditch paypal

You don't have to get paid via PayPal. Ebay sellers can use ProPay, accept personal checks (and ship items after the check clears, but you still have to pay the sellers fees via your bank account linked to ebay) and Skrill. I haven't used Skrill before, but some sellers have told me about it and you can find more info on it via the Moneybookers website.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How did you get hacked? If you had a password like abc123 it's bound to happen. If you logged in through a site that was not Paypal, it was also bound to happen and I see why they called you a liability.

As has been said, I believe you have to have an account in order to purchase over Ebay. I would imagine this is Ebay's way of protecting itself from liability in scams and other such things. It essentially allows them to not have to worry about the buyer, Paypal can do that instead.

I'm confused. If eBay said you have to have an account, why would you think they were lying? It might depend where you live, but if they tell you that you have to use Paypal, then I'm sure you'd have to.

Paypal is a necessary evil for selling on eBay I think, you cut your consumer base in half or less (and lower the possible end price) by not accepting it. Unfortunately most consumers online really rely on Paypal.