Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So unhappy with Paypal!

Lydia Guest

Default So unhappy with Paypal!

Paypal put a limitation on my account and wouldn't tell me the exact reason, giving me round about excuses to why. They finanlly said they needed to confirm my Social and credit card info, the minute I sent over the info they closed my account and wont give me back my money (600.00) even though everyone had received there products and had expressed they were happy there was no other reason for them to hold my money other then the fact I was in a dispute with ebay over the amount they were charging me for there service, 450.00 for the month. Since I refused to pay they closed my account and aren't giving me anything back wont pay my pending charges and F**ed me real good. I will not rest till pay pal pays for being such a shitty pal~!

Tristen Guest

I hate them too they suck; Sold my first item and cannot funds for 21 days. Meanwhile seller will get their item in 2 days. Don't think this is right, since the sellers fund Paypal not the buyers - yet they have more protection. How is that fair??

Ari Guest

I have been an eBay/Paypal customer for 3 years without a problem. I recently got scammed by Russian buyers for a lot of iPhone 4S and 5... They opened cases against me saying that they did not receive the items even though I shipped them in a timely manner. Ebay favored the buyers and both companies put limitations on my account.

You don't have do be unhappy... There is no other company like Paypal!!! Indeed, they have few minor problems, buy always exist a solution!

If they close your account if you sent them your social security details, I think you lied about something.
    You probably provided a false number and that's why they closed the account.
    Getting flagged as suspicious takes something, getting your account banned means you really did something illegal.

Dude keep going at them. Bother them till they will give you what you want.

I'm sorry but I feel as if there is more to the story than you are telling us, while Paypal had some outrageous things, they would not close your account for the explicit reason of "Taking your money". As Delusional said, you might have provided false information in which case they do reserve the right to close your account. Try talking to somebody over live support via Ebay or Paypal, never give up hope. Good Luck!

Don't lose your hope...try again and again till justice comes in front. Paypal has lost it's reputation with all those problems.

I don't quite understand what you were saying. First you mentioned PayPal was holding $600 that that you wanted to transfer/withdraw. That's normal sometimes, especially when it's a higher amount and you are a new PayPal user - they will hang on to it in case the person has a problem with the merchandise they receive and need to return it.

But then you mention something about a dispute with eBay over $450. Did you re-sell something on eBay for $450 through PayPal for $600 to someone else - in an attempt to make a $150 profit?

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Paypal put a limitation on my account and wouldn't tell me the exact reason, giving me round about excuses to why. They finanlly said they needed to confirm my Social and credit card info, the minute I sent over the info they closed my account and wont give me back my money (600.00) even though everyone had received there products and had expressed they were happy there was no other reason for them to hold my money other then the fact I was in a dispute with ebay over the amount they were charging me for there service, 450.00 for the month. Since I refused to pay they closed my account and aren't giving me anything back wont pay my pending charges and F**ed me real good. I will not rest till pay pal pays for being such a shitty pal~!
    I think it's the fact that you owe PayPal. Having your social security number, I don't think they would close your account (unless you stole someone's identity).