Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outrageous fees and overcharging.

Mr Moore Guest

Default Outrageous fees and overcharging.

Ebay have recently taken 78p from a £2.20 Ebay sell. Surely this is theft?
    Also I have noticed other overcharges on fees and I am sick and tired of them placing holds on MY money. They inconvenience and rob people regularly of their time and money. How can they get away with this by law?
    Ebay need to stop affiliating with them and offer more viable payment methods. Ones that do not cost people an extortionate amount in fees.

Salvatore Leone Guest

Their greed is beyond fucking ridiculous. Try an eye-watering £8.70 for a £250 transaction so its probably best to avoid using PayPal for receiving payments. Its only a matter of time before people will decide enough is enough and use another service. There is better alternatives out there like Google Checkout and WorldPay which the latter is owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland that don't steal that kind of dosh in fees. Things are tight enough as it is.

PayPal are Pirates - Period.

Sorry to hear that, this sucks. :/

That does seem a little steep! Was there an explanation of the charges, or were they standard?

That is just ridiculous they do need to get away from paypal but if I'm not mistaken they have became partners or ran by the same people I think. I might be wrong and if so someone please correct me.

This really seems like a large amount. I don't think it's the normal fee. Maybe you selected something extra?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Moore View Post
    Also I have noticed other overcharges on fees and I am sick and tired of them placing holds on MY money. They inconvenience and rob people regularly of their time and money. How can they get away with this by law?
    Ebay need to stop affiliating with them and offer more viable payment methods. Ones that do not cost people an extortionate amount in fees.
    This does sound a little too much for the selling amount, however, no it's not theft.

Are you sure you didn't apply anything to it that made the fee cost go up?

It's the price for using them, I guess. That and other 100 problems you can have

But from my experience, it's not that bad. Recently I did some graphics work on some pictures for a client, and he paid me 35$ for it, and after PayPal fees I got 33.33$, which isn't that bad.

Financial institutions work that way - they earn by using fees. I have had double conversions problem with my PayPal and my bank, and usually lost up to 10% of my money, believe it or not.

But now it's solved, so it's all good.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
    ― Bernard M. Baruch

Haha yes... Paypal and Ebay's fees are ridiculous. Selling a $1 item on ebay will result in fees of over 40 cents. That's in no way fair and only spits int he seller's face. How does a company stay as popular as it is when it takes 40% of the profits is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Moore View Post
    I don't think that's possible though, since Ebay and Paypal are from the same company so I'm afraid you have no choice but to suck it up if you intend to use their services again in the future.