Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal interference in non-paypal transactions

Pontus Guest

Default Paypal interference in non-paypal transactions

I took my CC out of Paypal. When I tried to use my card to purchase from a Canadian company(not through Paypal) I was told that Paypal Gateway will not allow the transaction. It has nothing to do with them. The credit card is fine. Why is Paypal putting a hold on my credit card purchases that have absolutely NOTHING to do with PayPal?? This seem like an invasion of privacy to me.

Unregistered Guest

I don't think you can use a credit card that you have had linked to your paypal account to make a purchase on a website that has paypal as a payment option without using your paypal account. Paypal is weird like that how they control you. They will limit your account if they don't like your credit card activity which they should not have access to to begin with

ERIC Guest

got limited because Paypal didn't like my "recent credit card activity" WFT is that all about? It is NONE of Paypal's business what I buy with my credit card. Paypal seems more and more like the NSA

Unregistered Guest

Big brother is coming for you and watching every move you make and clearly paypal is part of this as they have remained untouched through all their lying and scheming
    Not even a single news story about paypal yet they ruin thousands of lives every day. They must have gotten their hands on the media too.

Unregistered Guest

Exclamation

Several times when I've tried to make a purchase online and Pay Pal was involved, my credit card was rejected and I was told to use another credit card. I only have one. Does PP deliberately block you card if you don't use their service?

Quote Originally Posted by Pontus View Post
    I took my CC out of Paypal. When I tried to use my card to purchase from a Canadian company(not through Paypal) I was told that Paypal Gateway will not allow the transaction. It has nothing to do with them. The credit card is fine. Why is Paypal putting a hold on my credit card purchases that have absolutely NOTHING to do with PayPal?? This seem like an invasion of privacy to me.
    I think by linking your credit card through Paypal that you are as such making it a Paypal credit card or some such, either way I think it is really wrong, but there isn't much that you can do about it really.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't think you can use a credit card that you have had linked to your paypal account to make a purchase on a website that has paypal as a payment option without using your paypal account. Paypal is weird like that how they control you. They will limit your account if they don't like your credit card activity which they should not have access to to begin with
    I actually think this is correct. I might be wrong but I wouldn't be shocked if it was in there Terms of Service. Should read and check and see if it is in there.

Now I think I should be wary now, and good thing I did not apply for a Paypal debit card. It seems like they would try to control your funds as long as any card is linked to Paypal.

If you removed it from PayPal I do not think it should be a problem conducting a transaction with your CC. I think it is the CC with the problem not PayPal.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Paypal has nothing to do with this. You probably didn't see that you chose the Paypal option to pay.
    This is not their fault, just your fault.