Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to pay seller

Jo. Guest

Default Unable to pay seller

I am on vacation. I have been unable to pay an Ebay seller the balance of payment for a purchase. My bank tells me that my accounts are OK. I have spent $50 on phone calls to PayPal. They told me there is a problem (derr) but cannot tell me what the problem is and are unwilling to even drill into the transaction and look!

They went as far as suggestig that I use another method of transferring money for this transaction. What the fuck is PayPal for if not for transferring funds?

I pay 4% for the international transfer fees, get clipped on the exchange rate.

I have emailed PP on 3 occasions about the problem, days have gone by, I have changed my password and security questions as requested. I still cannot transfer the funds.

I googled "hate Paypal" and found a number of sites, so there are a number of people that have had bad experiences with PayPal.

Unregistered Guest

ask the seller if he would accept a different payment form; check, money order or credit card and bypass paypal all together. They are horrible when it comes to provide customer support

If you are getting the message that your payment cannot be completed at the time then this wont go away so easily. I had a similar problem but my mails to PayPal didn't solve much. But after sometime my account was back to normal. I am not sure why it does that.

Well in my experience calling PayPal usually resolves most deals, but I already see that it hasn't worked, even after spending quite a sum of money on it. Well I guess there's nothing left than to use a different processor, there is a list of alternatives up there on the banner. But be careful with those as well.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
    ― Bernard M. Baruch

Have they given you any explanation for this problem at all? Does anything they've offered make any sense to you? If not, then I would definitely try to contact the seller to see if there is any way you can make arrangements for another form of payment...you might end up making them angry, but at least you are making an attempt. If you can't figure out what's happening with Paypal you might want to see if you can find an alternative. As a buyer on eBay, you can still go through Paypal, which is what a lot of sellers use, but you can use your own debit card from your bank to do it through their paypal shopping cart, no direct involvement between you and Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo. View Post
    I am on vacation. I have been unable to pay an Ebay seller the balance of payment for a purchase. My bank tells me that my accounts are OK. I have spent $50 on phone calls to PayPal. They told me there is a problem (derr) but cannot tell me what the problem is and are unwilling to even drill into the transaction and look!

They went as far as suggestig that I use another method of transferring money for this transaction. What the fuck is PayPal for if not for transferring funds?

I pay 4% for the international transfer fees, get clipped on the exchange rate.

I have emailed PP on 3 occasions about the problem, days have gone by, I have changed my password and security questions as requested. I still cannot transfer the funds.

I googled "hate Paypal" and found a number of sites, so there are a number of people that have had bad experiences with PayPal.

Has your issue resolved itself.

To anyone having a similar problem, do be sure to keep in close correspondence with the seller. Let them know all details about the delay in payment ASAP. Most will be understanding and obliging in helping whatever way possible, we just want smooth transactions after all.

In my personal experience, unfortunately if you have an issue with Paypal, especially one like this, unless it fixes itself, you're out of luck. Paypal is famous for their shoddy customer service (if you can even call it service). They do less than below average to "resolve" your issues and you are lucky if you even get an explanation as to why they "can't help." I have yet to find a resolution to this issue, so if you find one before I do, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnieann5275 View Post
    To anyone having a similar problem, do be sure to keep in close correspondence with the seller. Let them know all details about the delay in payment ASAP. Most will be understanding and obliging in helping whatever way possible, we just want smooth transactions after all.
    I agree with this. Doing so will allow the seller to be aware of the details and you don't have to worry about much happening if you don't pay ASAP.

I agree, keep the seller in the loop. Good luck dealing with Paypal. Worst service I've ever received.