Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can we SHUTTDOWN ebay and paypal?

I'm pretty sure that would be impossible.

It's hard for a small group to move mountains. PayPal is just too big for average folks to battle. It would take something MAJOR, like multi-million-dollar major to even shake them.

If everyone was to stop using both then that could shut them down as they would lose millions, but that is highly unlikely because millions of people still have trust in both sites.

Great post!

The only way I see how is if good competition comes into play and decides to battle ebay and paypal with superior business. I believe alot of people would switch. The problem is that alot of capital is needed for something like that!

From what I've learned from my professor who is a lawyer. We should do Bricolage or according to her, use all the facilities of huge companies like this without making them profit. For paypal and e-bay, we should continue to boycott them and try to exploit and use their resources in any way possible. Suing them and making a petition against them is the best possible remedy I can think of, of course there are other things we can do to stop them from making income by scamming people.

It's pretty much impossible for a bunch of nobodies to shut down a major established company like PayPal and Ebay.

Well, this is nearly impossible, unless you hire a hacker who can manage to do such a thing, but that is very unlikely. These are billion dollar companies that care about their security.

But, you could always try asking anonymous!

I don't know if you're wholly correct, every bank everywhere use the money they're members lodge with them to make money, through loans, and investments.

I agree, as long as there is no other competition on the market everyone will keep flocking to pay pal. its sad but its essentially the only way for average people to buy and sell over the internet. its a damn shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    I don't know if you're wholly correct, every bank everywhere use the money they're members lodge with them to make money, through loans, and investments.
    That is true. That's basically the point. Otherwise, why would these companies offer so many services for free? Because they find joy from dealing with customer complaints and managing the overhead? Please. Of course they make money. They ALL do.

I agree that paypal and ebay are a shit of a company but shutting them down is near impossible. Paypal has gotten SO large and is accepted at many major retailers and ebay.. Well eBay's ebay. There's not much that we can do I'm afraid..