Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Won against Paypal in Small claims but unable to collect

Hire a collection company? I had never thought of that. You should be able to file court documents to take it straight from their funds. Have you been back to court? You can put a lien on their property, etc. if they owe you money.

Quote Originally Posted by WV45 View Post
    Hello,
    I searched high and low but couldn't find anywhere how to collect the small claims Judgement from PayPal. I recently sued and won in New York City Small Claims Court, but there almost no info regarding how to collect it.
    Their Corp. office in San Jose, CA doesn't accept any registered or certified mail, and it'll be hard to legally pursue from New York in terms of go trough lien, garnishment and seizure etc.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
    Do you have something like a writ of Execution. In our country a Writ of execution is used to enforce the decision of the Court whether it be a Trial court, Court of Appeals or the Supreme Court. This is a way to enforce the things written in the paper or the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by WV45 View Post
    Hello,
    I searched high and low but couldn't find anywhere how to collect the small claims Judgement from PayPal. I recently sued and won in New York City Small Claims Court, but there almost no info regarding how to collect it.
    Their Corp. office in San Jose, CA doesn't accept any registered or certified mail, and it'll be hard to legally pursue from New York in terms of go trough lien, garnishment and seizure etc.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
    I don't know how you would get your money, but congratulations on beating the so and so's in court, I couldn't be happier to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am about so go to small claims to retreive a $4500.00 illegal charge back on an Ebay auto sale. The customer has my car. He has the title because PayPal paid me . Then I transfered the funds to my bank account. Two months later PayPal took the $4500.00 back because the fraudulant buyer said it was an unauthorized transaction.
    Any advice on how to tackle Pay Pal would be appreciated.
    Not on topic of the op but in your country do people not need to register a car with the government? I believe if you took it court you could access this information which in turn would prove the same person paid for it on paypal as registered it...

Back on topic, Well done on winning in court. I'm sure you could claim it back by sending them an invoice with a copy of the court documents. Perhaps do it through a lawyer to ensure they dont try to wriggle out of it.

Congrats for winning! You can put a lien, ect. I would hire an attorney.

Good to see others are winning the fight against paypal, however small it may seem. I hope you figure out how to collect your money though, good luck with it.

Isn't the court going to make them pay? There should be a person that handles the execution of the court's decision. you shouldn't be the one that has to go and hunt them with the paper in your hand proving that you've won. Can you contact the court for more information about this procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafdet View Post
    Isn't the court going to make them pay? There should be a person that handles the execution of the court's decision. you shouldn't be the one that has to go and hunt them with the paper in your hand proving that you've won. Can you contact the court for more information about this procedure?

That isn't true. In small claims court, you are responsible for enforcing the court order. You can hire a collection agency to do so, but the burden is on the person who won the claim to collect. You can pursue actions with the court, such as a wage garnishment or lein, but the court doesn't do that automatically.

Congratulations of winning the case!! I hope you get your money soon.

Congratulations of winning the case!! I hope you get your money soon.