Thread: ebay merchant account

ebayseller408 Guest

Default ebay merchant account

How do I know if a merchant account is compatible with eBay. Paypal limited my account and I need a solution fast and something that is eBay compatible and doesn't freeze funds. Any ideas?

Dannica Guest

You can use both Payflow and Authorize.Net payment gateways on ebay but I would say stay away from Payflow since that is through Paypal. Signing up directly with authorize.net can be expensive so find a reseller that offers the authorize.net payment at a discounted price, like merchantinc.com for example. They offer the exact same thing as authorize.net but without a set up fee and the monthly fee for gateway is only $6.95 instead of the $20/month that authorize will charge you if you sign up directly with them. And this is 100% ebay compatible.

Tushar Guest

Payflow sux, it's just as bad as paypal. Took my money and gave it back to my buyers even though they were happy and never asked for refund.

Unregistered Guest

I use free-merchant.com and that also comes with the authorize.net payment gateway and is ebay compatible and pretty cheap too for a merchant account from what I could tell.

rafi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ebayseller408 View Post
    How do I know if a merchant account is compatible with eBay. Paypal limited my account and I need a solution fast and something that is eBay compatible and doesn't freeze funds. Any ideas?
    open a paypal stealth account but of course you run the risk of having that limited but at least it gets you back on ebay for a while

ebayshmeebay Guest

Smile

anyone know how to screw them ?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I use free-merchant.com and that also comes with the authorize.net payment gateway and is ebay compatible and pretty cheap too for a merchant account from what I could tell.
    can I accept paypal payments with them?

Unregistered Guest

no, credit &debit card payments and echecks. Real merchant service providers do not work with paypal.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ebayshmeebay View Post
    anyone know how to screw them ?
    yeah we all got to stop using them.