Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay customer support is just as bad as Paypal

That's really strange. Are you sure you gave the right information? What was the last item you sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Dez97 View Post
    I strongly agree that ebay customer service is worst than PayPal. Although the companies come together to make profits, they are both just as bad and one being even worst. I order many items from ebay. I can however never get a tracking number for the item being shipped to me, and I can never get an exact date on when they will be arriving to me. Lets not even get me started on their customer service to solve my issues. Can we all agree that you can never get to an actual human, the waiting time is like 1 hour long and you never get in touch to an agent at all. Its just ridiculous.
    At least I sometimes speak to English speaking customers service reps when I call Paypal. The eBay reps are obviously outsourced and reading from a script.
    I think it's okay to outsource less important things like customer service for a food company, but when you're dealing with people's money and livelihoods, the reps should be fluent English speakers that can understand the problem and resolve it.

I had the worst experience with eBay customer service and found them even worse than PayPal. My eBay account was frozen, no one would help me and they were so rude to me. I finally got someone helpful, but still no luck. Then suddenly after a couple of weeks my eBay account was fully working again, with no explanation. I avoid eBay at all costs now because I don't trust them.

I'm sorry that you all got crappy service from Paypal and Ebay. From my experience, I received adequate assistance from them when I have trouble with my account, but the only thing that wasn't solved immediately is the time when I had trouble paying for an item it kept getting blocked, so I had to wait for the glitch to disappear before I can pay. After a day or 2 of waiting, I was finally able to pay.

Ebay is worse, it doesn't even have customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    That's really strange. Are you sure you gave the right information? What was the last item you sold?
    I was wondering this. Maybe you broke the terms and conditions without meaning to?

all big companies are like that. its unfortunate. Hopefully your issue is resolved soon. all they care about is the money.

30 min hold is a lot of time. I do not also understand why they have no solid reason to limit your account. That is really confusing for me also. PayPal is owned by eBay so expect the same treatment.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

run a scan on ebayinc. You'll discover eBay customers are a very small insignificant part of their business; same for small ebay sellers.

Providing adequate customer service to solve all of the problems eBay creates just costs them too much. SO, they reduce the ability to contact them. If their customer service people can actually solve the problem is not a top priority, cheap service is.

eBay runs tons of third party data with buyer's data and estimates how likely you are to stop using eBay because of awful customer service.

This is similar to auto manufacturers who discover a defect running analysis of how much to fix the problem vrs how much law suites will cost if they don't fix the problem.